• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine died so might as well throw the whole car away.

Where would you take it to get it fixed? The shops all get paid by insurance companies would typically rule it dead. Or you pay $8000 to get it fixed, which was the procedural cost set up by the insurance companies. Or you slap some extra silicone on there to get by for a few more weeks until you have the money and the problem is way worse. Now you need the oil leak fixed, aaaand you need a new filter. That'll be $15,000. Oh and don't go to your friends place to jack up the car. He's not licensed so that's a felony

Agreed but change never comes from doing the same broken shit over and over. A generation may have to take on a burden to fix a system broken. Apathy will only add to the quagmire we are stuck in. 

Knowing how shitty the system is now I am more than willing to put in more of my efforts so that future generations don't have to go through this political garbage that keeps things shitty.

• Like 1

He did not read the links you posted Mattndew76

Single payer is not going to happen. Period.

What I would like to see is Health care CO-OP's.

Health care co-ops have been around for a long while. My wife started, and currently runs one. She has been cash based. She has taken insurance. And she has had patients submit super-bills to their own insurance. She's experianced all of those models. I paid cash for the birth of my children because it was the care I preferred. I get all of these models, and they were correct mentioning the expansion of cash practices under Obamcare. It's not surprising. But insurance companies do have tons of ways to sabotage their insured if they try to get reimbursed. It gets real messy. Cash only is good. But as a doctor, you end up really fucking people up. You get a bunch of clients who have no insurance. Find a lump, murmur, or disease. Now it's in their record, by law. If you seek insurance with a pre existing condition, you get jacked. Not the docs fault, but it sure sucks for everybody. These situations, as well as the VA would be resolved with single payer. And they will. It's just a matter of time until the industry has fucked us long enough for people to see it.

Also, cash practices will thrive under single payer so...

^ I sound cynical. I've always been a proponent of cash practices. Still am. I just wanted to say it is almost always combined with insurance for the patient anyway. Why not have it be cash based practice for most shit with Single payer as your insurance that is always just there.

Yes but in the current climate the pre-existing condition cannot be discriminated against for insurance even under the Trump/GOP efforts to alter the ACA. For a health savings plan I see it as no different than that of the current flex spending fleece going on with insurance companies now. 

I have put 1200-2400 per year into a flex spending account every year to have it go away when I have no reason to use it. So why not allow that money to roll over every year along with interest accrued? Then be able to pass that on with a legal will to your next of kin should the account have money in it? Insurance companies are raking in piles of money off these types of systems so why not keep it with the people vs give it away? 

• Like 1

wasnt it international womens day 3 months ago?

so is this where I put on a pink t shirt that says "feminist" and take a selfie for facebook

actually just get one that says " no pussy, no food"

• Like 2

Oh if that is the case then we should get rid of every company in every field. Hell have government run it all. After all each and every business is fucking you over for profit. How Brilliant Mike.

The biggest trick the US health care system ever pulled was to convince the people to accept it with a smile, while being fucked up the ass.

Every thing you do is connected to your health. So every business is connected to healthcare. Before 0bamacare it was not perfect, but it was 100% better then day it became law.

Not true. Not true. Obama care was 99.9% imperfect. Now it's 99.8% Big fucking deal.

The big problem is no one set aside money. i know some of my co-workers(and we are in the health care field) live in debt from paycheck to paycheck.

Both articles from TIME/NYT shockingly cover the subject very good.

Perhaps you have a vested interest in the status quo then. This would explain your reluctance to fix the system you have.

Remember when the CIA? FBI was asking Microsoft (or who the fuck ever) for the code to open the contents of those Pasadena  terrorist encrypted smartphones?

Remember how several were saying it couldn't be done, others said it wouldn't be done.

Remember when I said there was no fucking way the CIA would ever allow a device with unhackable encryption to exist?

Remember I said that the perfect cover was to pretend to ask for the code to lull terrorists and the public into believing their messages were safe???

• Like 4

Remember when the CIA? FBI was asking Microsoft (or who the fuck ever) for the code to open the contents of those Pasadena  terrorist encrypted smartphones?

Remember how several were saying it couldn't be done, others said it wouldn't be done.

Remember when I said there was no fucking way the CIA would ever allow a device with unhackable encryption to exist?

Remember I said that the perfect cover was to pretend to ask for the code to lull terrorists and the public into believing their messages were safe???

I do recall that yes.

Here the Parliament are often held to ransom for passing legislation by cross-bench Senators who make amendments a demand.

The Govt has to negotiate for what they want passed,some might say it's bad but I have always felt that the small minority blocks keep the Govt of the day from being a mere rubber stamped Dictatorship in Democracy's clothing. 

• Like 3

Serious question - WHY THE FUCK does it have to be passed before it can be read/seen? 

here in AUS,our Senate will not do that shit.

This bill was pushed through via the democrats largely without being read at all. I don't believe a single republican voted for it.. but it was a democrat majority. If I remember right, it was a MASSIVE document. Thousands of pages. No one read that shit.. they just passed it because it was the political thing to do. Pelosi was speaking the truth.. and is some how still holds public office. Unreal.

• Like 4