• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama to end 'wet foot, dry foot' policy for Cubans

The Obama administration announced Thursday an end to the 20-year-old "wet foot, dry foot" policy that allows most Cuban migrants who reach U.S. soil to become legal permanent residents after one year.

President Obama issued a statement Thursday evening that the U.S. is working to re-establish relations with its one-time foe, and ending the policy was the next step in that process.

"Effective immediately, Cuban nationals who attempt to enter the United States illegally and do not qualify for humanitarian relief will be subject to removal, consistent with U.S. law and enforcement priorities," Obama said. "By taking this step, we are treating Cuban migrants the same way we treat migrants from other countries."

The "wet foot, dry foot" policy has generally allowed Cubans who simply touch U.S. soil to stay in the country. Those caught at sea are returned to Cuba. In exchange for the policy change, Cuba has agreed to start accepting Cubans who have........

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/12/obama-ends-wet-foot-dry-foot-policy-cubans/96505172/

You could make that arguement about watersportgate, which I never gave my attention. What I'm drawing from is the CIA, FBI, and other intelligence agencies. These are the people we employ to catch this kind of shit. You are letting your love for one man blind you. According to Priebus, Trump even supports the findings. Denial only strengthens future attacks. As a nation, we should support our intelligence agencies findings in these matters. Blind denial because you are worried it is an attack on your candidate is letting this partisan rhetoric blind your judgement.

Well i don't love Trump but he was clearly better than the other options.Kasich would have been my choice,but that wasn't an option.As far as the FBI goes,they did a real fine job with Clinton didn't they ? trust them ? As far as i'm concerned about this hacking stuff,it was probably one of the better things that has happened in politics recently.It exposed people for what they really are,scumbags.There are no worries about an attack on my candidate,he's been elected.I'm anything but partisan,i've voted for both parties but am starting to lean towards the right as i get older and smarter.I live in California,look at what the left has done to fuck this place up.I can't imagine the whole country being like us.

• Like 4

In the news today, all of this some 50 page dossier written by planned parenthood, including the hire of the ex British agent who is now in hiding. Might as well say it came from the DNC.

Might as well. When did McCain pledge DNC again?

This is GOLD

Chuckie Schumer has been in Congress for decades and is a noted press whore. He never really does anything as a senator but consistently advocate for gun control and mug for the cameras.

Lawmakers Call Cereal Prices Unfair : Consumers: Breakfast food makers accused of overcharging, despite price decreases.

March 08, 1995

Some big-name breakfast cereal makers have gone against the grain by lowering their everyday prices and reducing their dependence on the cents-off coupons and retail promotions that have long been industry cornerstones. But even with these efforts, are cereal companies still overcharging?

Two House Democrats think so, announcing that they have asked the Justice Department to conduct an antitrust investigation of the cold breakfast cereal industry.

Reps. Charles Schumer of New York and Sam Gejdenson of Connecticut released a report Tuesday showing that the top four cereal makers--Kellogg, General Mills, Post and Quaker--control nearly 85% of the market. With more than 200 cereal varieties, the companies have quashed competition and thereby allowed prices to rise virtually unchecked, they said.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-03-08/business/fi-40254_1_breakfast-cereal

• Like 2