• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Panasonic makes the best battery tools I've ever used. Hilti uses their batteries. I love Festool but that's for big tanker.

I'll never buy another non panasonic drill. They are that much better.

Panasonic makes the best battery tools I've ever used. Hilti uses their batteries. I love Festool but that's for big tanker.

I'll never buy another non panasonic drill. They are that much better.

Yah but who sells and services them in the Bay Area?

Yah but who sells and services them in the Bay Area?

I wouldn't have a clue about service . Bought my set USED . Third owner drill impact flashlight. All work perfect, and I'm not the first to abuse them professionally. Seriously baffling me. No one wants to service them cause bad business maybe ? No idea.

Helti is great but kinda pricey       ?

Yah they are more money but they run like clockwork. I've used a bigger Milwaukee roto-hammer and a Mikita, but my Hilti walks all over them. The thing is ape shit fast. Same with the sheet rock gun. No dicking around fingering screws, or swinging a hammer, Point n shoot and the bitch is hung like right NOW. I'll pay more for that.

I personally have had really good luck with Dewalt cordless stuff. I don't have any 24 volt stuff though, all mine is the old 18v (or 18.4, I don't remember). I use the hell out of that 1/2 inch drill for sure, had it for years.

Also, some of the harbor freight angle grinders are rock solid. I have a 4" one and it simply works. Have had it for 2.5 years, and I used it often enough. Just go read some reviews. When they are 5 star with 200+ reviews, something has to be good.

i have had one for about 5 years and just recently the chuck button on the back fell out, still will handle everything i throw it at tho, i just  use a small bolt to change out disks.

not to mention its fallen from 5+ feet to concrete numerous times,

i think its the Chicago one its orange and grey 

Yeah, there is probably some luck mixed in with that. I'm that way with some things, like...something I have been using for years, only to find out that most of them only last 10 minutes. However, when it comes to tools, if it's not top quality, I will normally destroy it in a very short time.

My experience with Makita is that they always fail in the same place. The gear that turns the head strips out.

At least matabos fail in different spots so that I can use my parts grinder to fix it. I guess I should price that gear and fix my two Makitas. They are good grinders.

Truthfully, I hate GM more than Ford. And I hate every American car manufacturer except Tesla. I curse whenever I work on a Ford. They are designed to be assembled by robots, and then to never be taken apart again. WHY the fuck does the windshield extend so far over the engine in a Super Duty? Heck the Ram windshield barely covers the first 2 cylinders of the Cummins... Its like they try to copy Euro cars, but fail with the execution. At least euro cars have a method to their madness.

Also, Why doesnt the new Mustang have the F150 Ecoboost in it (V6TT)? That engine makes the F150 a rocket. Oh wait, then there would be no need for a V8...

Ford's Euro roots confuse the shit of all their American dealings. 

BUT, Ford's Euro/Global markets are all that's keeping them relevant. 

Chysler has never had a clue as to what they were doing. Mercedes saved them. Big time. 

As soon as MB bailed, they started going back down. Fiat will be the saving grace between competing and bankruptcy. 

GM. What in the fucking fuck. Fuck. 

Why do people still buy this "American" crap? 

If you want to buy American-do it...by supporting the Reliable 3. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda. 

Even Korea has stepped up. 

Truthfully, I hate GM more than Ford. And I hate every American car manufacturer except Tesla. I curse whenever I work on a Ford. They are designed to be assembled by robots, and then to never be taken apart again. WHY the fuck does the windshield extend so far over the engine in a Super Duty? Heck the Ram windshield barely covers the first 2 cylinders of the Cummins... Its like they try to copy Euro cars, but fail with the execution. At least euro cars have a method to their madness.

Also, Why doesnt the new Mustang have the F150 Ecoboost in it (V6TT)? That engine makes the F150 a rocket. Oh wait, then there would be no need for a V8...

Sounds like you're a hipster to me.

you know on most newer trucks when they need serious repair, the cab is designed to be lifted off of the frame for better access. One of the diesel techs in my shop can remove a cab in about an hour. Pretty simple if you have the tools for it. I hope youre not saying euro cars (merc, bmw, audi) are easier to work on than american cars..The Northstars and all new GM fwd/awd small suvs and cars are designed to have the whole front subframe dropped, for easier acess. Try doing it the way it was made to be done before you talk about how "hard" they are to work on.

Ford's Euro roots confuse the shit of all their American dealings.

BUT, Ford's Euro/Global markets are all that's keeping them relevant.

Chysler has never had a clue as to what they were doing. Mercedes saved them. Big time.

As soon as MB bailed, they started going back down. Fiat will be the saving grace between competing and bankruptcy.

GM. What in the fucking fuck. Fuck.

Why do people still buy this "American" crap?

If you want to buy American-do it...by supporting the Reliable 3. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

Even Korea has stepped up.

Clearly you havent driven anything new of GM. They are finally listening to people who say the interiors are fisher price plastic. Their new interiors are comparable to mercedes. Just go sit in a new Caddy. Suede, leather, and real carbon fiber in a lot of them.

Sounds like you're a hipster to me.

you know on most newer trucks when they need serious repair, the cab is designed to be lifted off of the frame for better access. One of the diesel techs in my shop can remove a cab in about an hour. Pretty simple if you have the tools for it. I hope youre not saying euro cars (merc, bmw, audi) are easier to work on than american cars..The Northstars and all new GM fwd/awd small suvs and cars are designed to have the whole front subframe dropped, for easier acess. Try doing it the way it was made to be done before you talk about how "hard" they are to work on.

I'd rather work on MB, BMW, or Audi. They make sense why they are the way they are. 

I guess when you're always repairing shitty "American" cars you'd get really good at taking them apart. 

Clearly you havent driven anything new of GM. They are finally listening to people who say the interiors are fisher price plastic. Their new interiors are comparable to mercedes. Just go sit in a new Caddy. Suede, leather, and real carbon fiber in a lot of them.

Actually, about 8 months ago I left a Chevrolet dealer that I worked at for 6 months. 

Got fed up with GM's nonsense. 

Who builds 15 different cars that are all built completely different? Then throws the same badge on all of them.

How's that Cruz recall coming along?

• Like 1