(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Clearly you havent driven anything new of GM. They are finally listening to people who say the interiors are fisher price plastic. Their new interiors are comparable to mercedes. Just go sit in a new Caddy. Suede, leather, and real carbon fiber in a lot of them.

So you're saying that polishing a turd IS possible. 

Still shit cars. Trucks ain't much to hang your hat on either. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather work on MB, BMW, or Audi. They make sense why they are the way they are.

I guess when you're always repairing shitty "American" cars you'd get really good at taking them apart.

Go look at the sheets in the window. And anything that isnt a little econobox, they are damn near 100% american parts content. Including engine and trans. Always repairing os the guys job. Thats what mechanics do. And when youre the largest gm dealer in Alaska, and some idiot puts gas in an entire fleet of 40 diesels trucks and they all have to be repaired, youd get a routine real fast. I'll choose to work on american vs german anyday. German cars shit electrical everything in less than 5 years..

So you're saying that polishing a turd IS possible.

Still shit cars. Trucks ain't much to hang your hat on either.

Whatever you say man..if the trucks are so bad, then why are fleets of nissan or toyota fullsize trucks non existent? The honda ridgeline was SUCH a great truck..lol

In the normal world, I maintain most of the cars that come through my stall. Not repair. You missed the point. 

The trucks-I understand. Their car line is crap in comparison to any other brand. Well, maybe not Chysler. 

Whatever you say man..if the trucks are so bad, then why are fleets of nissan or toyota fullsize trucks non existent? The honda ridgeline was SUCH a great truck..lol

Ridgeline is a joke. I get it. 

I service a whole fleet of Tundras that get beat hard. Still strong. Nothing extra that Joe Schmoe isn't doing to his non-abused Tundra. 

Last Nissan dealer I was at had a few different fleets of companies using Titans and NVs.

The Titans were quick to wear but the power trains were strong on them years/miles later. 

NV2500/NV3500-tough as fuck. 

You are scoring no points. 

In the normal world, I maintain most of the cars that come through my stall. Not repair. You missed the point.

The trucks-I understand. Their car line is crap in comparison to any other brand. Well, maybe not Chysler.

I do agree on the car thing somewhat. I do agree they are all wrong wheel drive, no v8s or manuals. But the interior quality is improving a lot. The upper end models are seriously something you should just check out. I do have to say Fords interior is still fisher price like. The shifters in the trucks feel like thin hollow plastic. Cuz they are. The diesel Cruzes are pretty cool. They sound like mini Cummins

Ridgeline is a joke. I get it.

I service a whole fleet of Tundras that get beat hard. Still strong. Nothing extra that Joe Schmoe isn't doing to his non-abused Tundra.

Last Nissan dealer I was at had a few different fleets of companies using Titans and NVs.

The Titans were quick to wear but the power trains were strong on them years/miles later.

NV2500/NV3500-tough as fuck.

You are scoring no points.

Those NVs are the vans right? Most hideous things I have ever seen. All work trucks I see get beat, and 95% of the time they are American. And thats the one thing thats always good on domestic trucks, is the drivetrain. Minus dodges automagics. If only the cummins was in the GM trucks. They have the Allison trans.

Lols, GMs nice? Are you kidding me? I have sat in them. They still feel cheap as fuck. Their plastics are of poor quality still. Its the reason why they are the only brand of car has interior pieces breaking upon removal. I pulled a 2014 2500HD kick panel the other day. I have done hundreds of these (well 2007 to current), and it just broke in half. Also their clips are the worst often breaking the tab off because the clip bit too hard into the plastic and wont give up.

Hipster? I dont even know how that relates to cars... I know how to work on cars. I know there are special tools/jigs to pull sub frames and what not...

And Cummins in a Chevy? You mean an Allison in a Dodge? I mean, Ill take the nicer interiors (ever look at the new 2014 Limiteds, wow). And they have a way higher tow rating, and the 2500s have a nicer ride quality.

Man the new Bosch stuff sucks ass and breaks, same with rigid. Bosch was so solid until they buddied up with home depot.

Makita and Hitachi  are still tuff as a roach ballz

Milwaukee or Hilti, only buy quality

Every GM guy I have ever met gets soooo defensive over their brand. More so than any other brand's techs. 

Too funny. 

I'm sure the trucks are what keeps Chevy going. 

But you still need to lump the decent trucks in with their crap cars to create a whole. 

I still don't like them(the entire line) nor will I every buy one. 

I also want to add that I do not include the Corvette brand in there. 

Not a fan. But I can respect the Corvette fully.

• Like 1

Also, erm, GM trucks come off the delivery truck with rust. I have seen brand new trucks, under 500 miles on the odometer with rust on the frames. I have rolled under them with my creeper. That does not happen with Ford or Dodge, or even Toyota or Nissan.

Chevy should make an educational film on heavy key chains and their vehicles.

"How heavy is too heavy?" presented by Chevy, a company that has also made famous titles as: "Where is that rattle coming from?"

Sounds like you're a hipster to me.

you know on most newer trucks when they need serious repair, the cab is designed to be lifted off of the frame for better access. One of the diesel techs in my shop can remove a cab in about an hour. Pretty simple if you have the tools for it. I hope youre not saying euro cars (merc, bmw, audi) are easier to work on than american cars..The Northstars and all new GM fwd/awd small suvs and cars are designed to have the whole front subframe dropped, for easier acess. Try doing it the way it was made to be done before you talk about how "hard" they are to work on.

The cab comes off to repair it? lolololololololololol well that's just great. The cab is designed to come off. Try that yourself in your driveway as a second or third owner. I'd love paying for two hours labor to just get to the start of the job

Clearly you havent driven anything new of GM. They are finally listening to people who say the interiors are fisher price plastic. Their new interiors are comparable to mercedes. Just go sit in a new Caddy. Suede, leather, and real carbon fiber in a lot of them.

Caddys? Not everyone buy them. Besides I would expect that in a caddy.

And start at $63,000 for anything not embarassingly base model-ish..   Don't get me wrong the caddys are some of my flavorite car style right now.  But yeah for the price they should be covered in baby seal skin, softened by virgins using black rhino tusks coated in spotted owl brains.

• Like 1

What GM did to the Cadillac brand is criminal. They gutted and pissed on the global standard for quality and engineering and for that reason alone Obama should have let them go under. They don't have the sense it takes to run their company with respect for their own brand.... Fuck'm. And that goes for the Vett too. Have you ever seen the fit and finish under the hood of those cars? ZERO RESPECT with a bunch of snap on plastic shit, janky ass hardware, and no seam lines up. It's a disposable K-mart super car waring polyester Underoos. POS

• Like 1