• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I wana move to the Pee North West. There's to many douche lords in the Bay Area. I have such a great deal on an industrial work space, now some tool with fly's and a north face jacket moved in, he's all  "hey bro I wana start bringing artists and designers down here and build a tiki lounge".

I told the guy I didn't want him soliciting my clients like he's done in the past. He's all "well if my clients (imaginary) come down here, I don't mind showing them the work you do"

I told him that I didn't wana meet his clients,  he went all batshit. Fahk, !!!!!!!! way to ruin a business.

take your skinny jeans to Portland... Hipster!

Man I wana move to the Pee North West. There's to many douche lords in the Bay Area. I have such a great deal on an industrial work space, now some tool with fly's and a north face jacket moved in, he's all "hey bro I wana start bringing artists and designers down here and build a tiki lounge".

I told the guy I didn't want him soliciting my clients like he's done in the past. He's all "well if my clients (imaginary) come down here, I don't mind showing them the work you do"

I told him that I didn't wana meet his clients, he went all batshit. Fahk, !!!!!!!! way to ruin a business.

PNW is awesome if you dont mind rain. Just stay away from vancouver and youll be ok. Plus there is the Red Door Meet in Portland. Its every sunday at 6:30pm. Over the summer they stopped counting at 500 cars. And its totally free. A few Ratsun guys show up

_facebook_426168619_zps40596693.jpg

• Like 1

I remember when Zeitgeist was a mellow place to relax not a Stella-swilling-vape-lounge.

Isn't it a bit hipster to claim that a beer brewed since the mid 1700s is for wannabes and hipsters? 

What does that make someone talking shit about a beer brewed in the 14th century?

298px-Stella_Artois_logo.svg.png

Things of note that happened that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1366

• Like 1

In all honesty, I don't really even know what classifies as hipster anymore. I used to think it was doing or wearing really ironic shit that would have been dumb even in the 80s or hanging out in a total shit stain of a bar, BECAUSE it was a total shit stain. But these days, I keep hearing people refer to things like my fiberglass dune buggy as something a hipster would drive or I'm told that wearing a stocking cap makes me look like a hipster. Fuck, I hope living in a house does not become something a hipster would do, because I like being warm and dry.

To me, it's a lot like the Harley riding thing. My great grandfather rode them, my Grandfather, my Father and now me. I will be the first to admit that it really bugged the shit out of me when every super douche that wanted to look like a badass went out and bought one, I actually felt a bit self conscious just riding mine around, like it put me in that group. Then, I realized, fuck that shit, I like what I like, and I do that stuff for me. I can't worry what someone else deems "uncool" at the moment.

So, I live by the words of our founding Fathers, "ah, fuck it".

• Like 1

well... It's a lot like Public Enemy, they were hood and street with Yo Bum Rush the Show and that built their name, then they grew their posse with It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, but with that it increased their suburban exposure and then Fear of a Black Planet was released which every dickweed, including me, jumped on; by Welcome to the Terrordome PE was little more than another Beastie Boys.

My point? It's cool when you know it's good but the neighbors call it noise, it sucks when fucking richpiggs are wearing pink and blue Motorhead t-shirts on Bravo shows

Cokeland is the same way, it has some really cool grassroots shit going on but is becoming increasingly gentrified with Burningman dillholes who want to put a bird on everything... of course that gentrification does cause a bit of an upswing in the economy which, theoretically, allows the hood to improve.