(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Christ on a crutch...

There is a lot of shitty music out there today and every douchebag can produce it and spray it like diarrhea. I can't believe the shit people listen too. I really can't.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

However,  Motorhead still rocks.  Harleys are still loud.  Beastie Boys will always kick ass! Stella still makes a good beer.  Old hole in the wall bars are still the best place to hear good stories from crusty old drunks without your wife thinking you're trying to pick up a newer model.

Just because someone I don't like does something doesn't mean I shouldn't like doing that thing too.  It's the same as smoking cause it looks cool, just reversed.  

Sometimes you just have to think for yourself and not worry about what the douchebags on MTV are up to.  I wouldn't know because I don't pay them by watching their stupid shows with no story.

I heard Celine Dion singing one morning when I got up. Couldn't get the tune out of my head all day. This says volumes about being susceptible to listening to absolute crap over and over and liking it. Repetitive chants are the basis of brain washing. Be careful what you listen to or you'll be humming 'In the Navy' and 'YMCA' and your co workers will stop eating their lunch with you.

Why would you care what you like and what's popular. Music is a private choice so listen to it at home. If people don't like the crap you listen to, stop shitting it out of your car window at 120db.

Listen to anything long enough and you will like it.

• Like 2

Why would you care what you like and what's popular. Music is a private choice so listen to it at home. If people don't like the crap you listen to, stop shitting it out of your car window at 120db.

Listen to anything long enough and you will like it.

Music is all just opinion based, some people like avantegarde music, to me I think the same sound would come from tying a bunch of brass instrument to a hippie and pushing him down the stairs. But, whatever, each to their own....Except you Mike, your music sucks (whatever it is you listen to). B)

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, in the past I was actually pretty guilty of elitism myself. One of the best examples I can come up with is in the mid 80s, a group called 'guns and roses' had gotten together (maybe you have heard of them). At that time, I had a cousin who was working in LA and had a tape of these guys playing (they were not signed yet) and he thought I may like it, so he sent it to me. I did like it, keep in mind what was popular during the 80s was total fuckin tripe to me, even then, these guys had a different sound. I let all my friends listen to it and pretty much anyone I could wrangle in. Not one person liked it, most flat out hated it, even went as far as to make fun of me for it.

Fast forward a couple years and they became very popular. Now, all the people that told me it sucked were all listening to them and talking about how great they were. From then on, they totally sucked to me and I stopped listening. It was not so much me being a hipster I don't think, just that so many things are popular to people because they were told it was good by the right person, many have no taste of their own, they have to be told what they like and that mindset has rubbed me so wrong a few times that I actually gave up something I liked, so I would not be one of the "drones". These days, I could not possibly give less of a shit. I like what I like.

The thing i really despise about todays music is the acts think it's all about costumes and special effects and i think that shit will never last.. Seriously when we were kids music ment more than it does now with all the fake pagentry of todays artists.

Wait?

Wat??

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Its out there, just got find it. I see lautsas point of few about seeing trends come and go. I've been playing in bands for over twenty years now. My favorite track today is silence by John cage. Musicians are a fucking pain in the ass.