• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had planned on running tonight but instead, I spent a half hour in the rain in my raincoat cleaning out the gutters of massive amounts of crap from the chestnut tree that I apparently forgot about with the quick entry into winter.  Booooo!  They're all clean now though.  If it's raining hard in your neck of the woods, I would suggest checking your gutters before they backflow into the house and make a leak.  Normally I clean them out but just forgot this year.

What a coincidence. Was in the back yard with the dog yesterday and pulled the leaves out of the gutter. It's a Manitoba maple (dark red leaves) given to me by my ex landlord. He had it in a paint can and my wife didn't like him so she said throw it away. I stuck it beside a small fir and the bottom rusted out and it just grew there. Now it's 25 feet tall and raining leaves into my gutter. The gift that keeps giving. (the land lord? well he died 10 years ago and his wife was a ex alcoholic too and fell off the wagon soon after. We figured she would sell the place from under us so we bought it)

I like cleaning gutters after a hard rain, you see when the gutters overflow, half the crap in them goes with the water onto the ground, so I have less work to do.

I realize that I will make more money if they stay full, but I am to the point that if they didn't even call me, I would not care, but when they call, I do the work, it may be a bad attitude, but there is only one of me, and I am wearing out, and new parts are very expensive.

I have no illusions about how I treated my body when I was a kid, I actually grew this one pot plant that was so strong, that about the first 3 bong hits made my ears whistle, and I lost my eyesight for a little while(5/10 seconds) and I got dizzy, then after maybe 10 minutes I would start shaking uncontrollably, after that happened maybe a 100 times over a 3 month period, I figured out that I should crawl into a sleeping bag to keep my body temperature up, that lasted as long as that pot lasted, I didn't sell any of it, I smoked it all, I was never able to repeat that strain, it seems like I would have figured out the sleeping bag thing sooner, but I was high all the time. :(

I gave a couple friends a hit of that stuff, they never took another/second hit, I was basically killing myself in the 80s, somehow I got threw it alive, stuff like that usually comes back and bites you in the ass, I did get healthy in the early 90s, but I am sure that damage was done, so I took up hanggliding like I thought I was on borrowed time and had a lot of fun, but I got bored of that also, I do have a couple hanggliding trophies, I was ranked 26th in the world at one point.

So now I am 58, or whatever the hell I am, and I have noticed something, I am eating 1200 to 1800 milligrams of ibuprofen a day, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and eat 600mgs more just to get back to sleep, you ask what did I notice, getting old sucks, that is what I noticed. :lol:

I do alright for myself considering, I am still working harder than most, and I get paid good for how much I actually work, yesterday I made about $100.00 an hour for 5 hours, one cannot complain or whine about that.

I just hope I go the way my dad did, less than 5 minutes and it was over with.

• Like 2

The street I live on is maybe 10-15% grade; not much at all, yet everyone that drives up the street thinks they have to floor it to get up it. I hear every car start from the bottom of the hill, maybe 500 feet away from my bedroom window, and go 45mph up the tiny ass hill. I don't understand. The street further up the hill is probably a 20-25% grade, but a dead end, so probably not much traffic going up there. People coming down the hill are even worse. People are easily topping 50, after coming over the crest of the street. I live right under the crest, and it's sometimes sketchy as hell leaving the driveway, especially if there's a car parked on the street, because I never know if some a-hole is going to kill me with their 4,000lb battering ram, while I have 40 year old sheet metal between me and them. Oh, and there's a small group of young kids, that love to jump out from behind parked cars when people are going mach 1 up and down the street. One of them is going to get their ass killed, and the parents will wonder why people didn't see them (next time they pull that shit on me I'll have a talk with their parents, yes, me, a dude with no kids). I almost feel the need to complain to the city that people think the street is a race track, so they can survey it, and deem it necessary to install speed bumps. Not the little pussy speed humps that people roll over at 30, the speed "curbs" I like to call them, that you can't go faster than 5mph over. Ridiculous.

Vocal-Fry.png

creaky_britney.jpg

The vocal fry register (also known as pulse registerlaryngealisationpulse phonationcreakpopcorningglottal fryglottal rattleglottal scrape, or strohbass

this trend was picked up from women that were injured in sport accidents.

Its that slutty gravel sound at the end of each sentence.

Ok, I'm about a pubic hair away from driving this international flat bed truck off a cliff.

why the fuck do you need a peeping sensor for every stupid thing that involves starting and stopping the engine. Yes I understand diesels need a second or two to start, but this thing has gone completely blade runner.

new cars suck donkey balls, its why people are getting dumber and technologically advanced at the same time.

blind spot k hole 3 d modeled armpit

Get a few of those big plastic playballs,& when you see hear one of those

idiots coming,roll it out onto the street from behind a parked car.

You don't have to say a word,& hopefully  it will sink in that there could be a kid 

following it onto the street.

- Doug

The street I live on is maybe 10-15% grade; not much at all, yet everyone that drives up the street thinks they have to floor it to get up it. I hear every car start from the bottom of the hill, maybe 500 feet away from my bedroom window, and go 45mph up the tiny ass hill. I don't understand. The street further up the hill is probably a 20-25% grade, but a dead end, so probably not much traffic going up there. People coming down the hill are even worse. People are easily topping 50, after coming over the crest of the street. I live right under the crest, and it's sometimes sketchy as hell leaving the driveway, especially if there's a car parked on the street, because I never know if some a-hole is going to kill me with their 4,000lb battering ram, while I have 40 year old sheet metal between me and them. Oh, and there's a small group of young kids, that love to jump out from behind parked cars when people are going mach 1 up and down the street. One of them is going to get their ass killed, and the parents will wonder why people didn't see them (next time they pull that shit on me I'll have a talk with their parents, yes, me, a dude with no kids). I almost feel the need to complain to the city that people think the street is a race track, so they can survey it, and deem it necessary to install speed bumps. Not the little pussy speed humps that people roll over at 30, the speed "curbs" I like to call them, that you can't go faster than 5mph over. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'm not going to be responsible for someone wrecking their car trying to make a point. If the parents are so oblivious and the kids are dumb enough to jump out into traffic, then it's their own faults. I'll post the news article if it happens.

I bet those pussies won't do it on the freeway.

Get a few of those big plastic playballs,& when you see hear one of those

idiots coming,roll it out onto the street from behind a parked car.

You don't have to say a word,& hopefully  it will sink in that there could be a kid 

following it onto the street.

- Doug

Sheldon-The-Bazinga-Ball-Pit-the-big-ban

ahhh ballpits.

I have a neighbor down the alley whose wife thinks she needs to zip down the dirt alley at 20 mph or so because she's in an all-fire hurry.  It irritates the piss out of me because one, there's no need, and two, it kicks up all sorts of dust, which then drifts into my garage if I have the door open.  Last month when I was working in the garage, she flew by, so I took two extra tires (old tires seem to multiply at my house) and flung them into the alley.  She came back in the one end, flying like usual, but the instant she turned the corner to go down the alley, she saw the tires and stopped.  Then slowly backed up, then went around the block.  Her house has alley access from either end, and it's not at my end of the alley.  Personally I'd like to put a brick wall right in the middle of the alley to make it not a through street.  Would solve a lot of tweaker/illegal dumper problems, and it would eliminate dumb bitch number 2 from flying down it.

For the moment, whenever I have the garage door open on my day off, I'm just throwing some tires in the way.  She drives a minivan, it can't clear them.