• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I turned 190,000 on the way home from work today in the hardbody!  Woot woot!

Call me when you get to 400,000 as these Nissan trucks last forever if you keep oil and antifreeze in them. :lol:

I've seen one white D21 for sale locally with.... a stack of receipts 1/2 of them being oil/oil additives .... 429,000 miles

They still wanted $800 for it , and it looked like it fell into a tornado or two.

4x2 + 5spd.

Call me when you get to 400,000 as these Nissan trucks last forever if you keep oil and antifreeze in them. :lol:

I fully intend to Wayno!  Hardbody is working tits with the new (used) motor.  Wish they would have just put the KADE in it in the first place.

I have a neighbor down the alley whose wife thinks she needs to zip down the dirt alley at 20 mph or so because she's in an all-fire hurry.  It irritates the piss out of me because one, there's no need, and two, it kicks up all sorts of dust, which then drifts into my garage if I have the door open.  Last month when I was working in the garage, she flew by, so I took two extra tires (old tires seem to multiply at my house) and flung them into the alley.  She came back in the one end, flying like usual, but the instant she turned the corner to go down the alley, she saw the tires and stopped.  Then slowly backed up, then went around the block.  Her house has alley access from either end, and it's not at my end of the alley.  Personally I'd like to put a brick wall right in the middle of the alley to make it not a through street.  Would solve a lot of tweaker/illegal dumper problems, and it would eliminate dumb bitch number 2 from flying down it.

For the moment, whenever I have the garage door open on my day off, I'm just throwing some tires in the way.  She drives a minivan, it can't clear them.

After dark just dig a couple of small ditches, nothing drastic, just ones you have to slow down for.  Add or subtract so suit. Its reversible yet 'permanent'  at the sme time and keeps working even when you aren't.

Many years ago I lived on a farm on a gravel concession road and every spring during the thaw the road would soften in some spots. The thing to do was drive slower around them but we had a neighbor about a half mile away who would fly down the road and veer onto our lawn. Actually the grassy road allowance but we cut it as part of out lawn and it was a bitch to cut with hard dry ruts in it latter on in the summer. This is the same guy who at the height of the summer would fly by at 60 and trail a 3/4 mile long dust cloud too. So one spring this asshole flys down our road (and you can hear him coming) in his newish '70s something ford boat, and swerves around the foot high mud moguls onto 'our' lawn ripping it up. So I go out an lay six cedar fence rails across the lawn ruts at right angles to the road but well off them. And wait. I hear him coming and run to the front room window and sure enough he swings over to our side of the road and at the last minute sees the fence rails, yanks the steering over and nails the moguls so perfectly. His car left the ground completely and landed on several smaller soft spots further down the hill but had to go through them to stay on the road. I can still see the front end nosing into the mud and the rear wheels and axle at full drop and a foot of air under them. Problem solved.

• Like 2

Sweet, the white truck is gone!  Sold it just now to the only guy who wasn't a craigslist flake.  Gave him a hell of a deal, may Gracie III take care of him and deliver reliable service for years to come!  And I will pay off the borrowed money for the Maxima wagon purchase, and once again be debt-free!

It was just a flat lawn out to the gravel road. His wife's name was Florence is all I remember and he died a few years later.... probably form terminal asshole.

Just get some rounded river rocks several inches high, paint green and embed them in the lawn. Can't look like you did it, that would be illegal. It's normal to expect rocks on the side of the road and why we drive there at our own peril.

• Like 1

It was just a flat lawn out to the gravel road. His wife's name was Florence is all I remember and he died a few years later.... probably form terminal asshole.

Just get some rounded river rocks several inches high, paint green and embed them in the lawn. Can't look like you did it, that would be illegal. It's normal to expect rocks on the side of the road and why we drive there at our own peril.

you guys got it all wrong AND you are gonna hurt somebody. Listen, put one of these badboys in the road, they are designed to ward off crows however should work for wanna be racers and people who think there time is the holy gospel.

SN111__0012.jpg

• Like 1

you guys got it all wrong AND you are gonna hurt somebody. Listen, put one of these badboys in the road, they are designed to ward off crows however should work for wanna be racers and people who think there time is the holy gospel.

SN111__0012.jpg

Do it just like these good little boys..

tumblr_ndyfjjq8si1rfzg5po1_500.gif

• Like 2