• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts houses are such a crap shoot anymore. I have had some of the super cheap, china made stuff last a long time and some of the made in USA, 4 times as much money, fail when I fired up the engine. So I never really know what I am going to get. Am I right to assume you can't get a factory one anymore?

Weird a made a post right after smoke asked if they were gubment workers and now its disappeared.

Hit ENTER next time...

Water pump leaks through weep hole. Was fine when I parked her 2 years ago. I don't mind replacing it, but is this common to have a water pump fail due to sitting?

It will if the anti freeze is weak and it frosts up in the cold.

And any advise on who makes a good water pump? L20b

Nissan as far as I'm concerned. Always grab good used parts that come your way

Can't see anything here. I find maybe a post every two weeks that I was sure I made but when I get home to see any replies, it was never there. Figured I intended to post but checkind something on another window, got distracted by something shiny, had to leave in a hurry for work and closed it all down. Ghost in the machine?

• Like 1

Not necessarily, at least not anymore. OEM parts from the dealer used to be best, but now most parts are built by the same two or three companies in some overseas sweatshop. So a lot of times you are just overpaying at the dealer.

Nissan = $279 + shipping

all others = $40-$60.  

WTF!

You used to be able to get reasonably close quality from NAPA and such for.... about half price of the dealer. That's still $140. But these... these...

720stuffclutchfanremovalLarge.jpg

...are absolute crap. Punched out steel impellers, not cast. Even the casting isn't the one Nissan uses. Yah gets what ya pays for. This is why if I have an opportunity to grab a good used Nissan pump, alternator, fuel pump, oil pump I get it and put it away as a spare. I must have 8-10 assorted L and Z starters. Naturally I never need them but....

• Like 1

For the record, I'm not sure I'm in love yet, but I'm pretty happy.  And no, she did not have a wiener.  I checked before entering. :)  And I cooked her dinner.

As for the water pumps, I sell NPW pumps through my Altrom line at work.  Nissan Pump Works, as good as you can get, made in Japan.  Pretty sure they have stamped steel impellers too though Mike, sorry.  I've used them though and haven't had an issue, so they're probably of higher quality stamped zinc-laden steel or something.

• Like 1

For the record, I'm not sure I'm in love yet, but I'm pretty happy.  And no, she did not have a wiener.  I checked before entering. :)  And I cooked her dinner.

Good on you Matt. No tripods no kick stands.