(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Wow, I didn't know "Sunday Christians" practice a second class form of Christianity.

If only religious people could stop condemning "others" and actually follow the example of their savior. Then they'd actually take responsibility for their own spiritual path rather than just playing the part and doing what they're told. I guess that would be unreligious though.

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die."

These are the things that the LORD has commanded you to do: 2"For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day, a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

As an individual who is pretty well educated on both the Muslim and Christian religion, if one were to follow either to the letter, he would be a mass murderer. I'm not so certain I want to pick one group of people who has killed millions over another group of people who has killed millions and decided which one is the best.

• Like 2

I know you're just joking, but, I'm really not as apposed to organized religion as it sounds. I am against folks using it as a tool to judge or harm others in its name. I'm also not a staunch atheist, because that would indicate that I think I know what happens when you die....but, just like every other single person on this planet, I have no idea. I will not purposely suspend critical thinking in an attempt to taylor fit reality to make what I believe seem more correct.

• Like 4

I personally hope there is a god and he is there the day i fucking show up,,,,,,,,,,, cuz i got a couple things i need to set him straight about the whole "more than you can handle"  bullshit myself...     There WILL be leather covered boney thing ,,, meeting directly with his soft fleshy thing ...

I will find god

I guarantee it

• Like 1

I'm in the here and now. GOOD and EVIL are human concepts and not at the end game of our lives waiting for us as reward or punishment as many religions would have us believe. (maybe it is but...) For sure it's here and now and that's what I work with.  I aspire towards GOOD  (or)  I aspire away from EVIL. It's a work in process and not sure of the outcome. Best I can hope for is more good than evil points at the end of the day. 

I personally hope there is a god and he is there the day i fucking show up,,,,,,,,,,, cuz i got a couple things i need to set him straight about the whole "more than you can handle"  bullshit myself...     There WILL be leather covered boney thing ,,, meeting directly with his soft fleshy thing ...

I will find god

I guarantee it

• Like 1

Okay, that's a cool sign. Tell you what, I'll let you make out with me if I can have it.

Ha! The sign is pretty amazing tho. I think it should be used in work situations as well. Even funnier, one of the laborers that worked on the show with him actually spent time in that facility in his youth. For him it was like going home.