Spook/airdam/lip spoiler for 620???

BlackBird620

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some airdams available, mostly second hand now, specifically for the 620... something like this:

kingcab06.jpg

Truck airdams like that were really popular in the late 80s early 90s. 

You can also custom mount a 510 Spook if you want and it would look like this:

IMG_7708.jpg

• Like 5

No problem. Some of the truck guys could probably point you in the direction of the 620 specific pieces similar to the first picture. If you want to go the Spook route, hit up Dave at FutoFab. Dave will take care of you with a great product at a reasonable price. Youd have to make your own mounting brackets though. 

• Like 1

Hi Black Bird,

I sell vintage accessories for the 620s. Everything is copied from molds made from parts that I located that were sold long ago. They were taken to a fiberglass fabrication shop in California, cleaned up some and molds made for the original look of the 70s. The only part not located when the molds were being made was a BRE front spoiler, so I bought a Z car spoiler and built a "blank" from vintage photographs and My memory. It is about 90% accurate but actually fits much better than the BREs did with tooling that extended it up to the top of the valance. Here is a link to all that I sell:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/4449-620-fiberglass-parts-new/

I have also added NL320 rear bumpers and complete 620 LHD dashes to the product line. If I get enough requests, I might add a RHD dash some day. Hope this helps. Mike

There are pics on this thread of the front spoilers that I sell:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/5635-choptana-a-chopped-fontana-truck/page-3

• Like 1

Ok...just curious here. I was at the junkyard earlier today...got some much needed parts! But I took off a lip from a S10 and was mocking it up on the truck in the junkyard.....how on earth is it mounted?

45F29EBA-5871-441A-9F6C-21CAD6004A5D-843

Trimmed the ends of mine a few inches to clear the tires and mounted it on the inside of the lower lip of the valance with some screws

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

ok, reviving this one to get more answers. are these all the solutions? or is there more (that look good) I know you could take almost anything and trim it up, yada yada. i want to see what else people have done, thanks.

• Like 1

Good idea ! !  All of the items I sell are basicially from "the past" IE; 70s and 80s. Not everybody wants that look though, and I totally understand that. So lets see some fresh, new ideas from the 2000s ! ! ! How about artwork on this thread also ?  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

2 vehicles i regret selling, my nice 620, may she rest in pieces :(, kid i sold her to totaled her a week or so later :(.  And my 720, the 2 pickups i have major regrets over.  Will show a pic of the 720 for the hell of it. 

6201_zpscccd4e31.jpg

620_zps4bdb2211.jpg

720_zpsf8d339ac.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

2 vehicles i regret selling, my nice 620, may she rest in pieces :(, kid i sold her to totaled her a week or so later :(.  And my 720, the 2 pickups i have major regrets over.  Will show a pic of the 720 for the hell of it. 

6201_zpscccd4e31.jpg

620_zps4bdb2211.jpg

720_zpsf8d339ac.jpg

That sucks about your 620: I loved that truck...such a great looking truck!
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...

There are some airdams available, mostly second hand now, specifically for the 620... something like this:

kingcab06.jpg

Truck airdams like that were really popular in the late 80s early 90s. 

You can also custom mount a 510 Spook if you want and it would look like this:

IMG_7708.jpg

• Like 1