New Classifieds

If you aren't selling anything, maybe your prices are too high or its not what people want. Every one of my ads has gotten good traffic flow.

I've actually sold quite a few parts so far. Although I miss just browsing everything at once, its not that big of a deal. Just need to figure out the time limit on ad renewals. Not able to renew one of my ads.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To address my complainers comment... I wasn't calling everyone here a 'complainer' in a 'whiny complainer' sense. I was commenting that there are people with complaints made here and I welcome constructive criticism. If not wouldn't this have been closed long ago? It's been pointed out that this post is no where near full of complainers and for that I apologize. Complaints/dislikes are like a squeaky wheel and seem to carry more weight while a well greased smoothly running wheel can be ignored.

If I decide to sell something I will post a classified add 

If I want to buy something I will look in the classified adds 

If I want to bitch about change I will talk about Obama 

The system has changed for better or worse It is done and many people like it Less bullshit stupid posts not even related to sales 

• Like 2

If I decide to sell something I will post a classified add 

If I want to buy something I will look in the classified adds 

If I want to bitch about change I will talk about Obama 

The system has changed for better or worse It is done and many people like it Less bullshit stupid posts not even related to sales 

Agreed.  I like the new system as far as posting an add and even viewing them, along with the integration of pictures into the site instead of having to host them off-site.  It would be nice if multiple pictures could be attached at once (the flash uploader didn't work for me in FF).  I somewhat miss being able to comment in the threads, but I think the pros outweigh the cons since it keeps out all the lowballing, not-actual-buyer retard posts.

• Like 1

Im not sure if it was brought up, but is there a way to re-list your items after they expire? My items are still availble for purchase and Im still looking for other items, so Id like to relist the ads. Clicking on the ads give me an error... now I cant even view my ads to list them again or even just copy the info/pictures to create a new ad. Do we really have to rewrite full ads from scratch? 

That seems a little bogus. 

• Like 2

I figure I will ask this here, as I believe this is the cause of the issue, why can I not change the title of any of my threads if I want to?

As a matter of fact, once I add a post to any of my threads, I cannot change/edit any post before that post, what's up with all this, I am starting to feel...................

Im not sure if it was brought up, but is there a way to re-list your items after they expire? My items are still availble for purchase and Im still looking for other items, so Id like to relist the ads. Clicking on the ads give me an error... now I cant even view my ads to list them again or even just copy the info/pictures to create a new ad. Do we really have to rewrite full ads from scratch? 

That seems a little bogus. 

I asked Thomas and he said you should be able to renew at least twice but he hasn't looked to see how it is done or selected.

I figure I will ask this here, as I believe this is the cause of the issue, why can I not change the title of any of my threads if I want to?

As a matter of fact, once I add a post to any of my threads, I cannot change/edit any post before that post, what's up with all this, I am starting to feel...................

My mod controls are much different an I CAN change or edit post and titles. I don't know if other members can or not. It would prevent retroactive 'tampering' I suppose but also would prevent correcting mistakes too. Is this only in CLASSIFIEDS or are you saying this is true in all forums? Also did it ever work and just stopped working?

My mod controls are much different an I CAN change or edit post and titles. I don't know if other members can or not. It would prevent retroactive 'tampering' I suppose but also would prevent correcting mistakes too. Is this only in CLASSIFIEDS or are you saying this is true in all forums? Also did it ever work and just stopped working?

Seems to be in all forums that I could see. You can only edit the last post you made in a thread and this appears to be new.

Edited for example, see time stamps.

Edited by Dguy210

Example:

Actually looks like there may be a time function to it, as I can still edit the post right before this one. But I can't do that in my build thread, where the last two posts are mine, I can only edit the last post.

Edited by Dguy210

Example:

Actually looks like there may be a time function to it, as I can still edit the post right before this one. But I can't do that in my build thread, where the last two posts are mine, I can only edit the last post.

I was able to edit the feedback thread I created days ago... title and content. I just checked. 

I was able to edit the feedback thread I created days ago... title and content. I just checked. 

Yet I can't edit my build thread which I last posted in April 29. Interesting.

Edit: The April 29th last post I can edit, the April 22nd post before that I can't edit.

Edited by Dguy210

I always get asked to change a title so assumed no one could. Recently a member erased a lot of his build and project posts which is really too bad. Now it's gone forever.

Wait. So is this an intentional change? 

This doesn't really matter to me I'm mostly just curious at this point.

Yeah, I just edited it. Thread was created on the 12th of this month. Let me try my build thread... 

I wonder what the time limit is then? More that two weeks but less than a month? Maybe a month? Or you can maybe only change it during the same month? Interesting puzzle.

Edited by Dguy210

Yep, I can only change the Feedback thread and the Memorial Day thread. If its intentional, I would appreciate it if we could get that ability back. Its always nice to add stuff to original posts. Or change titles once something happens.

Mods say they are already swamped with work, it would be stupid to add changing thread titles. That seems like an unnecessary admin job. 

Those guys are correct ,, the site won`t let you change your posts except the last one..It must be pretty new cuz i was just stealing pictures from myself the other day and i do that by using the edit ...

I wonder what the time limit is then? More that two weeks but less than a month? Maybe a month? Or you can maybe only change it during the same month? Interesting puzzle.

Ok, digging through old posts I can still edit stuff from early May and late April, but nothing earlier. l I'm making a guess that the cutoff is around a month. If I can find a April 27 and 26th post I will know for sure.

Edit:Bored with this now, need to go back to work.

Edited by Dguy210

In the past anyone could change the title of any of their threads by going to the first post and using the full editor, now I can only edit my last post on some of my threads, and some I cannot edit anything at all, not even the last post, but can edit any post on this thread, and I am not sure about other members threads that I have posted to.

To many changes guys.  :(

• Like 1

As a forum owner myself, I'm reluctant to chime in on any changes (because I hate it when everyone whines about a service they get for free).

However comma space... :)

The new classifieds is a bit of a PITA.I used to browse the classies every night, now I don't.  Too cumbersome.  Also, I just listed a WTB, and it makes me enter location, description, and a price?

I'm down with progress, but honestly, I think you guys had a great formula in the old classies system.  I think if you look at traffic numbers since it's been implemented, you'll see a drop.  

Still love my Ratsun homeys.   :)

In the past anyone could change the title of any of their threads by going to the first post and using the full editor, now I can only edit my last post on some of my threads, and some I cannot edit anything at all, not even the last post, but can edit any post on this thread, and I am not sure about other members threads that I have posted to.

To many changes guys.  :(

i constantly have to go back and edit shit ... please .... can we jut get use to one change before u change mo shit....tbh the limiting of editing seems whack .... i love ratsun ...but....seriously ... i gotta radiator to sell i just bought and im not even considering using the classy's

secondly tbh again,   i only see two mods on here really ever....... d mike and redeye....skib has even been less of a presence,  lately...well except to ban a few people ....maybe the case can be made for a few new mods .......(but not tristin..lol).... seems easier to add a few mods then change up everything everyday ...

This post is heavily weighted with the complainers and this can be misleading. It's really only several pages of the same people complaining they don't like it and not 'the most people'.  

That ... and I see some posts here get deleted (like mine did - and this one might), which is also misleading.