Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i got to see this at the show.

im so fond of it.

I want a 68 tail light panel too but don't have the normal $400 for that.

the jdm one is soo cool though. 

kinda feel sketch since I'll be dd this baby.

Where have you seen one for sale for $400 for a 68? Just asking because I have a NOS one I paid less than that for but I guess I got a good deal

Where have you seen one for sale for $400 for a 68? Just asking because I have a NOS one I paid less than that for but I guess I got a good deal

I have seen them for about 300-400 bucks when Ive seen them for sale. I have access to one right now for $250. Thinking about picking it up to store for the future. 

can i see the one for $250?  :thumbup:

I have a few summer goals for the datto.

im buyin my camber plates as we speak. if my card ever works.

and then THIS GRILLLLL. im savin 400 so when he sells, i get my hand on one asap.

So far with time and materials I'm thinking $450 shipped in the lower 48. I'm working on a heat problem right now but I have made a new part with a piece of metal reinforcement imbedded in it. If it solves the problem than I can start production in about a week or so. If it does not fix it I will have to move to a more expensive plastic that will be reflected in the price. I'm hoping this works out because time and money are getting short and I don't want to put this project on hold.

is the radiator  melting a part of the grill ?

Not melting, but the upper cross bar has deflected about 1/8 of an inch from the heat. It seems to happen after the car is parked and the heat rolls out from under the hood and heat soaks the part. Its very miner but I want to put out something that will last. 

Not melting, but the upper cross bar has deflected about 1/8 of an inch from the heat. It seems to happen after the car is parked and the heat rolls out from under the hood and heat soaks the part. Its very miner but I want to put out something that will last. 

hmm i wonder what it would do with my inter cooler behind it sits right next to the grill

You could come up with some kind of heat shield.

OR. maybe get some type of chroming done to the plastic to help with heat dissipation from behind. Maybe heat dissipating paint, got to be something if you put the work into it :)

Fuck all of us up here are going to have this grille LOL

So I stopped by Coracs's house...

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

I am extremely happy with this grill, it came out very nice! The fitment is just about spot on. And lines up on the car very well. The last few pics show a piece of chrome vinyl I wanted to see on something.