Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When i saw it in person i was speechless, even better than in the pics. Perfect job. 

next $400 i get, im spendin it on this.

my car won't even be running.

i need some 15" to fit on the 280zx struts and aint got none atm. lol

i wish i got to see this at the show.

im so fond of it.

I want a 68 tail light panel too but don't have the normal $400 for that.

the jdm one is soo cool though. 

kinda feel sketch since I'll be dd this baby. 

Your picture doesnt work, but I saw what you tried to link to. Youre thinking of a taillight center garnish. Taillight panel is what the taillights bolt into... the full rear of the car. 

And yes, thats a nice car. 

oh... well that garnish in particular catches my attention.

but all the other ones look pretty cool too.

I would have bought yours at the time it was for sale but had family needs and other more important mods on the car that came first.

thanks for the clarification :thumbup: . 

oh... well that garnish in particular catches my attention.

but all the other ones look pretty cool too.

I would have bought yours at the time it was for sale but had family needs and other more important mods on the car that came first.

thanks for the clarification :thumbup: . 

Ive never had one like that for sale. That is all metal and works with the stock taillights (there is a '68 version and a '69+ version). The one I have is for a set of GL taillights. The buckets match the garnish and everything is plastic. Its the set of taillights that match the grille created in this thread. There is another set of plastic lights referred to as Deluxe or Mexi. They have a garnish as well that only goes with those lights. 

I still have the GL lights with garnish, but do not have the metal garnish for stock lights. In fact Im in the market for one. I have a line on two, and am just waiting to hear back on prices so that hopefully I can pick one up. Converting back to all metal pieces (reason why I sold an original GL/SSS grille a few months ago... not really a fan of them) so Im looking to snag a garnish. 

Edit: And family should always come first. 

OMG!!! :frantics:  It turned out F'n sick! I don't know how it happened because I do know I don't have this kind of talent. IMG_0770.jpgIMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpg

This has been a hell of a project. I'm going to take a break form it till after Canby, and then I'll figure out what its going to take to bring them to market. :thumbup:

very very nice.makes me want to buy a 510 for this grill.kudos

Murphys oil soap is a great, cheap mold release agent. U.V and heat are a major player in resin. The stuff can warp to no end. I would look into "german plastic" that black sh#t that they make fans, stering wheels, knobs out of. I pulled a fan off a mid 80's 200 diesel, the stuff is tuffer than hell and flexible, however you might have to go back to the plaster mold to avoid burning with cast plastic.

Nice work!

saw it at the show!!!! came out awesome, i was talkn to someone from out of state and he started to mention he couldnt own a grill that cost as much as his car and i had to laugh on the inside and then tell him you made it.....

he looked at me like was a dumbass and crazy  :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl:

i told him to find the owner of the car and ask, wonder if he ever found you? 

That's funny, I got that same look from folks all weekend. It seemed like any one who hadn't seen the thread couldn't get their head around the "I made it" part. I got a lot of "you mean you had it made" or "who made it for you!?" I admit I don't look too smart but even a dead clock is still right once a day :hmm: . I got about 500 miles on it so far and its seems to be holding up great minus a couple of small issues that I am addressing. I need a couple of Beaverton, Hillsboro Guineapigs volunteers that want one to PM me.