1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah life sucks bills adding up faster then i can count......   l 16 pushed  coolant out last Thursday while trying to get back to town to pick up my daughter ..... i dont run a overflow .. so it got wicked hot but for my daughter i had to keep pushing .. it was running when i got back ... just hot as fuck .... its been sitting since then

If this is an elaborate ruse to get outta Canby  it's pretty lame,,,, i saw the Goldfish truck over at Phixius-es-es house the other day so i know you could get a ride down if needed. 

if it's parents weekend than bring the kid and a couple lawn chairs ,, 510freak brought his daughters and they were very young,,  It's not the wild drunked party the nerds on here want to think it is,, people are indulging but even the really wasted ones are mature adults ..   Remember when we had a meet at your shop?? you didn't want to have fun but you did ,,,,didn't you,,,,,, your god damn right you did. Remember when all those guys were going by on their way to Pumkins party, ( Tumwater was getting stomped in state football title game )) , was pretty good time ,,, no?? 

Come ,, meet the Datzen Mike ,, meet the Figbuck, meet the freakshow known as Kamikazi620,,,,,,,,,,  enjoy your life as you only get one chance at it.

:wub:

End parent rant

• Like 6

naners... right im not skipping canby it just may be in my urban attack van or my stupid bagged mazda..........or on my bike ... (well that wont help micheal and his parts but they and i will be there .... still havent had time to put coolant in it and run it to see what happens........ shit im sitting here winding down my day,  with a beer and a breeze just gonna top it off with water and see what happens ...stay tuned

• Like 2

topped it off with water....... not ideal but for the test ok .... starts ..... runs normal ... gets to temp fine ... a little hot but it was that way before......let it idle for a while ... drove it ... powers fine no white smoke .. no oil milk shakes in the motor anywhere......fan works fine ... but it was extremely low on coolantant .... thinking a colder fans switch is in order............ motor seems fine .. no noises or weird conditions...... gonna drive it around town a little and monitor the temp and coolant .... ....maybe its ok.... will pull the plugs and check for white ones ...maybe i got lucky .... this is the first time for hot weather and this cooling system weather ... and fan and temp combo ..... maybe just need a lower temp switch .... i am using the higher range ...... truck runs hotter then old l16 and first l20.... second l 20 and this l16 both run at 5/8 the gauge.....where old l16 and first l20 ran at 12 oclock on  the gauge......lots of debris in the radiator .... like scaling ..... not lots but i see some on the core before i added water...and a few pieces floating ... just small ones .... this is the same water pump thats been on all motors...

• Like 2