1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

not gonna lie,  it was a high ball express was pushing 75 all the way to napavine ..... prolly just pushed coolant till it had to run hot ..... couldnt help it every school bus i passed there was thumbs up hanging out the window .......

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

topped it off with water....... not ideal but for the test ok .... starts ..... runs normal ... gets to temp fine ... a little hot but it was that way before......let it idle for a while ... drove it ... powers fine no white smoke .. no oil milk shakes in the motor anywhere......fan works fine ... but it was extremely low on coolantant .... thinking a colder fans switch is in order............ motor seems fine .. no noises or weird conditions...... gonna drive it around town a little and monitor the temp and coolant .... ....maybe its ok.... will pull the plugs and check for white ones ...maybe i got lucky .... this is the first time for hot weather and this cooling system weather ... and fan and temp combo ..... maybe just need a lower temp switch .... i am using the higher range ...... truck runs hotter then old l16 and first l20.... second l 20 and this l16 both run at 5/8 the gauge.....where old l16 and first l20 ran at 12 oclock on  the gauge......lots of debris in the radiator .... like scaling ..... not lots but i see some on the core before i added water...and a few pieces floating ... just small ones .... this is the same water pump thats been on all motors...

sorry i hate it when i post actual info and then make another dumb post and it changes pages .....here's the info after the test run ^^^^

and just saying the clothes banter started to feel like a mr big tanker wagon thread ....lots of non information in a thread about a car that may or may not exist ...

• Like 2

and just saying the clothes banter started to feel like a mr big tanker wagon thread ....lots of non information in a thread about a car that may or may not exist ...

It was almost a Jalen build thread... 34 pages of no actual work.

sorry i hate it when i post actual info and then make another dumb post and it changes pages .....here's the info after the test run ^^^^

You wanna buy a L20B,i have one, wait i need it for my Wagon that does not exist.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon, is this going to be running well enough to make the trip down? Don't need a repeat of the last Blue Lake event we went to... E-brake seizes locking your rear brakes and overheating the whole way. Don't need you rocking the heater full blast for summer again.

Maybe you said, but are you and the little one staying the whole weekend camping? I'll have my little one with me (Anna) so they can color together to keep each other occupied.

its gonna make it ... taylor will be with her mom on her one day a week she sees her.....we are high balling sat morn hanging out most of the day then coming home that night at some point..... was gonna stay till sunday morn but with the volatility in my truck and personal life i wanna make sure im back with plenty of time for fathers day

• Like 2

well swapped out the parts i got runs a little cooler .... but got a new issue ... after driving for awhile at freeway speeds .... if i encounter a hill or put a load on her ... i get this crazy sound like things loose in the pan or valve cover ....... maybe ts the exhaust rattling again i don't know ..... i dont lose power or anything just sounds like wierd stuff happening ... it only does it under heavy throttle input and not till i been on the free way like 15 or 20 minutes.....siggghhhh

its done this before after  first put the motor in but only once...