1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

no that's the only thing i haven't touched and to be honest this all made such a huge difference i don't think i need to ..........the truck drives a billion times nicer... so much quieter so much smoother so much less violent through he steering wheel ... i wiggled both upper and lower and they had a little bit of play but nothing once i had the spindle back on

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after the tahoe ......after the goon ..... its actually fun as shit to drive as a static go kart ....takes me back to my old school static mini truck days.... prolly gonna sell my bagged mazda so i can finish the tahoe if the tahoe isn't finished before the mazda is gone it will be the first time in 15 years i havent had at least one bagged vehicle....

ed81706e.jpg

funny i have no real pics of the tahoe there it is behind my truck ....old truck i guess.(bitter)  yeah its 5-7 static drop but im cutting the rear floor and cutting up the frame ....... theres some serious modifications to get to my goal ... frame from tto back .... there's a section of the frame i have to remove to achieve this .... and my goal is only to raise the rear cargo section and not do anything to the rear seat and still have its fold down ability yet be layed out on 20's nthe rear ...heres my buddys who just moved back from reno

his is a work truck model wheres mine is a silverado ...

C742FA8D-D88F-4496-8D64-E35380465C81_zps

016285DB-1933-4A12-8A29-BB6D38E49407_zps

his is bagged but we rushed through it and i woulda done something differently but he had to have it done to move to reno .... brother and i painted it .... i dont dig on red....

this is my goal for aired out stance and actually i think i can get a little lower then this ....this truck has 22s and is set up to lay 24s but again im not into huge heels .. even 20s are stretching it i might go back to some 18's on the tahoe ..... just to kinda give it a throw back .... or a old school 18-20 staggered set up ...i dunno i got some pics of it to upload and wheels arent needed anytime soon

P4180372_zpsc9dffd74.jpg

• Like 1

we had to go to southern oregon to find the maroon tahoe ..... my friend owned it for three years before he died we lowered it on static parts...and wills red tahoe pictured above was bought at a dnr auction ... yes in washington two door 2wd tahoes are rare....

i am just the care taker for this truck i shredded the title when the state sent it to me ...i drive the fuck out of it cuz thats the way scott did .... im just gonna finish it the way he and i talked about and use the fuck out of it .. cuz he would be pissed if i just threw a over on it and stored it ... real pissed

this is closer to the ride hight but this ones body dropped a little i just like it cuz its the right color ..... its just gonna be the stock color and low .... well the stock color wth a gnarly pearl replacing the stock one ..... bigger mica!!!!!

22-1.jpg

this is when my buddy still owned it

E30BF9B1-DBC4-4786-A23D-BF10675635C2_zps

he blew a tire and crashed 6 miles from home then drove it home this way ... i asked him jokingly ...... so did u sit at red light s and feel weird looking like your truck was nascared...... or did u just run the light.....

he said the last part on the freway the front wheel put quite a light show off at 50 mph...

we lowered it to its current status at this juncture ..... on stock wheels .. .i added the smoothies after he died ... he liekd the wheels and i came upon a set ..... since then i have fucked them up .... i thin they will end up onthe astro maybe in some color ...

3B23C808-9FB1-4A8D-BA89-6AF565534851_zps

doubble post fail .... anyway i already shaved the roof rack off this tahoe when i first got it .... im also doing the worlds first tahoe barn to gate and hatch swap ..... well at least the first documented swap..... i hate barn doors i grew up on blazers and this is every bit a blazer and deserves the true blazer look of a tailgate and hatch ...plus its way less annoying for rear view mirror use... funny swap story ... i have bought three sets of gates and glass hatches .......um cuz the newer ones were nicer condition and the last one is super straight and the right color even ... ive since sold one of the glass and hatches but only to replace existing crash damage on a tahoe ....