1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

look ma no hand drive...

F8CF0D26-6447-4BE3-8BC0-7A56EE858480_zps

106ADEF5-4090-42CB-BC63-F2649DFF2DC9_zps

hans and i made a tram guage to fix the toe in once the newer used steering box and column were in .... worked pretty good ......good enough to make a difference in the tracking of my truck ...

A5081C6C-5795-4A37-B96C-6B6B0BBB455A_zps

grills for my speakers ...

3CEF089D-5532-42A1-85A1-D28BE3420B97_zps

0FB7D279-3C7C-482D-BB5B-F13E65A1048B_zps

fixed my alternator and a few other little things besides the steering .... stripped the 40 sidedrafts off the blue car for the red truck .......got the r1 carbs back down for the blue car ... tinkered around with shit ... sent a hour a half trying o save a floor jack after we saw how well adding oil went for the tranny jack .... the floor jack wasnt nearly  successful and we wasted two pints of jack oil

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spent part of saturday getting the van running .. fuel pump needs to be swapped .. can get it to work with the old gm tank slap but its on its last leg ... but it runs and drives .... needs swheel bearings in the front and some interior things fixed like the switching unit and it needs a tune up just little shit .....

and u guys aren't gonna fucking believe this but i think my door is fixing it self .... pics later to support claims of self healing datsun 521 in the pnw

• Like 1

amen brother ..... i had to check the photos to make sure i wasn't just too juiced.....i aint touched the fucker....gods body work gnomes still have  some work though.... gonna leave them a note about the rust hole in the bottom of the door,  see if they can holy water it back to health

• Like 3

well things are going good ..... after the steering column and box swap i got excited when we got back from the machine shop and dropping off the lz bock and slugs to find my king pins back and the rest of the steering parts on nt desk,,,,.. got all excited only to realize i dont have the upper bushings for my spindles so i can put those on...fuck it new drag link ends and new outter tie rods and idler arm all went on last night ... holy shit like a new truck ..... so much quieter,,,,so much smoother through the steering wheel ..... i cant wait to get the king pins on .... and button up the front end and get a alignment ..... added a little toe in ..... seemed to calm the front end down ... at 75......i wish i would replaced these steering parts long ago .... the truck is really starting to drive nice now ..... even low as fuck  ican cruise 75 over the roughest shit.......

still not liking the tightened box .... the steering gets very hard and stiff.......gonna wait till its all done to fuck with it again ,.. does anyone know what fluid the box takes ..... i was thinking of sending my old box to red top in seattle... they have done a box or two for me and they have worked good ....

van still runs haven't picked it up yet ..... got the geo tracker timed and running so that free help nightmare is over....my attorney says being a douchey is a arguable defense..need money gonna consider selling some stuff....

hans lz is gonna be more money then i thought .... mainly the head ..... the block and rotating assembly is pretty cheap the stripped head ....is costing that much but he chose the machiine shop ... the one i use changed owners so i was at a loss ..