1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not real update but ...took a spare set of king pins/spindles to my street rodder machine shop buddy ...... rebuilt the spindles and king pins in a day and for a fair price...... gonna take him two other sets to do to after we swap these on to hans red truck..... cant wait to have a front end worth aligning.....  

yes all these lowering's and never once had it aligned...to be fair I didn't want the shop calling me telling me i needed a whole new front end rebuild in order for it to be properly aligned...last time I yelled at them ... just point the fucking tires in the same direction and put it at -.5 camber ..... I will sign a waver that says u no bueno my front end...

Gadamit! I need to find someone gown here that will go that. My kingpins are beyond fucked.

hmmmmmm   sky,  u do huh?        hmmmmmmmmmm we will work it out .... go to ebay and look for a kit..... send to me i has a set u can send me yours once u swap them.....look at Nissan partscc... i think i got my sets from them ... and if so i could pick them up ..... and u would only have to ship me back the spindle set on your truck bro

i think those ssr's will fit and look tight on the mazda but still gonna try the 521 first....too bad that pic sucks ...... i always wanted a tuner looking bagged truck .... ssr's give that mini a new look ...they will definatley make it on for at least a photo

not much to report ,,,, installed shoulder harness from a 620 into my 71 cab... was tough but its done now I just need two 620 seat belt latch recievers...... also lowered my bench seat a inch......might go lower but a inch was pretty comfortable ..... swapped a fuel pump nthe red truck and we installed green leds in the guage clusters of both trucks ..... maybe I hve some pics .... lemme look

• Like 2

Ohhh, LEDs in the cluster :wub:    I just put blue ones in mine a few weeks ago and am kicking myself for not doing it LONG ago!

Oh, also, I quit that shitty job at the clothing company a little while ago and work at an embroidery company now..... one-off embroidered Seattle sports team seatcover?!  :w00t:

• Like 1

another way to cure your loud cabin noise..... install a stereo ...... mb quart 6.5 tweet 10 in floor pods.......dual voice coil 10" woofer .... 4 channel jbl amp .....couldn't get my blue tooth piece working last night due to lack of a wiring diagram so im just running it off my phone 3.5 jack and a switch to turn the amp on ...... kinda ghetto but looks good and rips ....now to seal the floor,  bed line it  and put carpet in ....

• Like 1

another way to cure your loud cabin noise..... install a stereo ...... mb quart 6.5 tweet 10 in floor pods.......dual voice coil 10" woofer .... 4 channel jbl amp .....couldn't get my blue tooth piece working last night due to lack of a wiring diagram so im just running it off my phone 3.5 jack and a switch to turn the amp on ...... kinda ghetto but looks good and rips ....now to seal the floor,  bed line it  and put carpet in ....

lol douche tooth

would u expect anything less then that from the captain of the douche canoe.....

well so the stereo is heaven... been spotted twice doing the robot at a red light .......... lowering the seat is heaven ......sky blue I recommend u do the same ...coiupe issues have come up though....... like I said couldn't lock down a diagram for the blue tooth piece I was gonna use so for now it stays on a 3.5 jack till I can find instructions or what I want exactly .....Car audio gods .... I want ..... a stand alone blue tooth controller  with dual pre outs and a amp turn on.......come on.... I don't even need a display just non high level input shit .......

secondly a while back I swapped out the carrier bearing x member with a piece of tubing and it works fucking awesome I barely drag on shit now .... used to practically feel like the titanic and a iceberg when I had to hit speed bumps ........anyway so during that project I had to break the fuel lines and rear brake line circuit ... to reroute and even be able to remove the stock member.... well it all went back together nicely and looks clean and is out of the way but .... man i had my brakes bleed perfect for the first time in like 6 years........ no softness on intial application ....no pumpin ... well I dreaded this project cuz I had to re bleed the brakes ..... sigh they're worse then the worst time ........its pump now or else... sigh I hate bleeding brakes ...... oh well hans says his truck needs it too .......and that now he has two bad solenoids that he used for the ebrake ..... second one stopped working ...trying to get his money back and look at other options .......for now its blocks of wood or left in gear ...... prolly try and take some pics of the stereo today and soe other shit .........

pretty stoked got ssr air stem caps with those wheels ..... bonus .. pulled all the hardware and called my polishing buddy .... he wants a crack at the lips.... I wasn't gonna do them but since they need some attention I might as well use the time I have them apart wisely....... so next week the ssr's go to his polishing shop .....im stoked I decided on a color scheme too .... understated but should look good .....thinking about the stdt ssr centercaps ..... they make tw styles one with a very low profile nut and the second with a much larger nut I believe to clear the dust caps on the front ... wanna find 4 low profile ones and try to make them work on the front ... problem is I'm probably gonna have to find two sets...anyway pics or something later ....

frank(phixius) reminded me I need a roller in 18 days.......hory sheet ........foot in mouth disease acting up this weekend .......oh well u guys are used to me letting u down .... its a lot like we are married except im not trying to put it in your ass at every chance I get

would u expect anything less then that from the captain of the douche canoe.....

frank(phixius) reminded me I need a roller in 18 days.......hory sheet ........foot in mouth disease acting up this weekend .......oh well u guys are used to me letting u down .... its a lot like we are married except im not trying to put it in your ass at every chance I get

I should correct you and say ,,,,,,,  WE are used to letting US down ,,, your texty Mctexty friends, , probably not so much.

And if i'm wrong ,, why does no one but your "buddies" know why you would need a "roller" 18 days from now??? ... hmmmmm?????  :sneaky:

• Like 1

well if it aint Andrew chafin ........... hello mr chafin how are u today .... I started just to text Donovan the stuff i wanna tell u ..... so mr hands be chafin .... I love u if u wanna know something get a phone or stop by bro

we all know 18 days from now there will be no roller