1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

t day .... wasted adults .... not me ....

13AFCC68-30F3-4808-9968-A46DB2DD8837_zps

made a ginger bread man wih the daughter...

D764A1C3-E445-47F7-9610-2C89FAAC459A_zps

didn't take much ribbing to get my nephew into making this little perved out nativity secene

B7DF560F-86AC-4E40-A187-F3F817220EC3_zps

so after t day I got to work for once....

F2000219-3469-4000-BA62-1589C05FAADF_zps

A288C245-EDE3-4EFB-822E-BCD4D4357BEB_zps

5018E5EA-1322-42E4-BA03-927B1F050C64_zps

• Like 2

cut this out cuz it hangs down almost two inhes ....a week of driving on this did all this ...

EED8CC2E-646D-43C2-BA5B-6F6296B71665_zps

thisis from a ma hole cover in safe ways parking lot one night on a ice cream run ...

710E5474-58DC-4C37-9373-ABAD12861D0B_zps

791726ED-11BC-4855-B24C-D3692ADFFDF9_zps

hans and I made this real quick to take its place ......with e barke pedestals ... and yes before any one notices and calls me out,  yes I welded one on backwards...... I have since grind and cut it to work .....oops .....should looked at the spare one I had .... oh well.... we made a exhaust relef and tidied up all the lines and wiring too ....

E2220C15-FD28-4DA1-94DC-7D62F7DF1888_zps

lowered the front another 3/4 inch ..... I drag frame and leafs that's it ..... no more banging of the crossmember ...

7DFFEC67-12C7-4C1B-81CD-7AF16BC94DE9_zps

D730AF04-5611-40A7-A538-E9A407A8722E_zps

hans put his dvd player in the glove box so he coiuld entertain his daughter and get the ability to adjust the clock back ..... stupid alpine reverse compatibility...u can also see he put carpet in his truck and we spent a bout ten minutes ghettoing some material to my floor to cover the man hole sized holes that are developing ... nothing photoworthy just think junk air plane repair...

32278E42-FC8E-4560-9667-2812AF3CA3EC_zps

I have some pics somewhere of his carpet I will see if I can load them and locate them ...

GO HAWKS

• Like 2

holy shit im a dumbass........ I even wondered if I had a reference pic when remounting the ebrake stuff since I did it wrong and obviously now looking at my pics I had one .... im a fucking dumbass..... mind u we just ran out of beer before we started remounting so we might been cranky to get a driver back on the road.....

thanks farmer .... but coming from the lowest static 620 I ever seen that's a real compliment

• Like 2

not real update but ...took a spare set of king pins/spindles to my street rodder machine shop buddy ...... rebuilt the spindles and king pins in a day and for a fair price...... gonna take him two other sets to do to after we swap these on to hans red truck..... cant wait to have a front end worth aligning.....  

yes all these lowering's and never once had it aligned...to be fair I didn't want the shop calling me telling me i needed a whole new front end rebuild in order for it to be properly aligned...last time I yelled at them ... just point the fucking tires in the same direction and put it at -.5 camber ..... I will sign a waver that says u no bueno my front end...

• Like 1

yup I rescued my boy...... coolant leak bad but it wasn't the lower hose it was the crossover of the lower water neck that was blocked off then broke the casting and the block off off....oics

CD2C7B54-6DCD-4CD4-9CEA-C7CACA94BA08_zps

5888F207-90A9-4016-AD80-662D528B433F_zps

this is going in the sightings its vorsach 2dr I cant photoshop so this is my editing f pointing out where vorsach car is ...

788FB4A9-F023-4A4B-B7D7-4FD1EBE9D5E4_zps

and yes mat on yor next two days off its time to bang on yor truck ... theres to many things that need fixing ...lol

• Like 1

mines low as she can be I think .. im nervous about the 17's...may have to swap out the rear leafs and blocks to shorter blocks and less leafs ...th tapered blocks are so large that the spring plate is dangerously close to the 18 inch wheel lip so 1/2 less should make it pretty close but I have some 521 leafs I could strip down and run some 3.5 blocks and alleviate some of that .... assuming the wheels will fit under my sheetemtal  too ...truck will be as low just a different config

ok got a short list on this truck before its goon time....new years is coming and I made promise to have a roller to hans wife so we could move the pool table down to the shop where my car sits... gonna build a table top that houses the sticks and light that lowers down over it to cover the table and make another workspace

short list...

-finish weather tightin the floor

-carpet

-stereo

deal with champion radiator issues as I go too they are need ing to fix my shit ...

not real update but ...took a spare set of king pins/spindles to my street rodder machine shop buddy ...... rebuilt the spindles and king pins in a day and for a fair price...... gonna take him two other sets to do to after we swap these on to hans red truck..... cant wait to have a front end worth aligning.....  

Would he do 620 sets?