A10's U-nite !!!!

Z car clutch is really obvious- it bolts to a flange on the water pump, whereas the 4-cyl car/truck ones are integral.  But there are 2 sizes of those, trucks and some non-AC cars used the small clutch and most cars and some later trucks had the large one.  To make it worse there were multitudes of fan offsets so even if the bolt spacing is right, the fan might not fit the shroud.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock 620 clutch fan (left I didn't have air conditioning, those may be different) Right is a 720 Z series engine clutch fan non air con.

motorLandZ20Ewaterpumps003.jpg

Plastic blades are about the same diameter but will NOT swap between clutch units.

motorclutchfansLarge.jpg

L20B pump. Shallow pump cavity and small impeller.

Lenginewaterpump.jpg

Z series pump. Deep cavity and much larger impellers.

motorLwaterpump.jpg

where can i get a z series fan i wouldnt mind changing the fan the one on the left is what i have on my car, the one on the right is the new one i had just got

Stock 620 clutch fan (left I didn't have air conditioning, those may be different) Right is a 720 Z series engine clutch fan non air con.

motorLandZ20Ewaterpumps003.jpg

Plastic blades are about the same diameter but will NOT swap between clutch units.

motorclutchfansLarge.jpg

Lenginewaterpump.jpg

motorLwaterpump.jpg

where can i get a z series fan i wouldnt mind changing the fan the one on the left is what i have on my car, the one on the right is the new one i had just got

Measure your fan bolt spacing. I have a couple of different fans. Yours for shipping, if we find a match.

• Like 1

Whens the a10 gonna get some recognition on youtube by a popular car tuber, the 200sx s12 did. and i just seen something about a hillman imp, never even knew they existed

Soon as some big dummy has a couple grand to waste fixing up an A10.

They weren't really well liked when new, so who, other than us poor Datsun enthusiasts, will really want to fix one up

• Like 1

I think the A10 is one of the last Datsuns that haven't been totally exploited to the point of ridiculous pricing and douche bag owners.

There is A LOT you can do with an A10.

For example, S13 front suspension bolts right in (when using S13 lower control arms).

Any Z series, KA, CA, SR, or RB(20/25) are EASILY mounted in.

They're small, late model Datsuns that still have round headlights available, which is huge IMO. Late model is a plus for ease of wiring and "modern" technology. ie, No points, internally regulated alternators......

I'd love to have an A10 again, but right now I'm working on this stupid S13 couep!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I think the A10 is one of the last Datsuns that haven't been totally exploited to the point of ridiculous pricing and douche bag owners.

I feel like it's sister-wives the B310 and S110 also fit in this category.  :thumbup:

Whens the a10 gonna get some recognition on youtube by a popular car tuber

Well...

Soon as some big dummy has a couple grand to waste fixing up an A10.

What he said. Someone needs to build a really badass one first, then get one of the big shows to do a feature on it. And then...

demand and price of A10s goes up.

:rofl:

What he said. Someone needs to build a really badass one first, then get one of the big shows to do a feature on it. And then...

Looks like it's up to me...

• Like 2

Z car clutch is really obvious- it bolts to a flange on the water pump, whereas the 4-cyl car/truck ones are integral.  But there are 2 sizes of those, trucks and some non-AC cars used the small clutch and most cars and some later trucks had the large one.  To make it worse there were multitudes of fan offsets so even if the bolt spacing is right, the fan might not fit the shroud.

I believe he ment Z as in Z car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT,,   Z as in NapZ

. We no do Napz

fat really has the most badass one, i mean mines the got the coolest color :rofl: but its got the most rot LOL,and its auto any tubers gonna wanna drive a stick, itll be better for the a10 namesake, to you know display more power, and least more than the auto can, i think itd have to be a wagon too, they dont get much recognition, i feel anyway. everyone looks at them as grocery getters

There is A LOT you can do with an A10.

For example, S13 front suspension bolts right in (when using S13 lower control arms).

Any Z series, KA, CA, SR, or RB(20/25) are EASILY mounted in.

They're small, late model Datsuns that still have round headlights available, which is huge IMO. Late model is a plus for ease of wiring and "modern" technology. ie, No points, internally regulated alternators......

I'd love to have an A10 again, but right now I'm working on this stupid S13 couep!  :thumbup:

i feel this to be very true, almost how i would say it. i like mine alot i just wish it wasnt so rusted out, everyone is always asking me, is that a datsun?!?!?!? half the time some people dont even know what it is, some guy mistaken it for a chevy 2 wagon lol :lol: 240s, 280s and 300zxs are overrated, so are the 69-73 510s, i feel the a10 is just as well as forgotten as the 310 and 710, 810s are more common but not overrated but fat510s got the best chance at getting any attention from a popular car tuber channel