A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Datsun used the same seat bolt pattern in the a10 as they did for other cars?

I'm looking for a bracket for new seats. They have them for the 510 68-74

240,60,80,&300zx

Any that come close to fitting?

It's easier to forget trying to match what you have and just bolt in new seats with their brackets. Anything can be made to fit... Get something close though.

Ok but what is the closest?

I believe the ones that we found that are complete drop in,  with no fabrication at all, is ones we found in a 56 Powell Sport Wagon  .. Just wait for one of those to pop up at the local junkyard,,,,,,,, and your in like Flynn.

• Like 6

I believe the ones that we found that are complete drop in,  with no fabrication at all, is ones we found in a 56 Powell Sport Wagon  .. Just wait for one of those to pop up at the local junkyard,,,,,,,, and your in like Flynn.

I can't believe this. lol.

• Like 1

Again....

It's easier to forget trying to match what you have and just bolt in new seats with their brackets. Anything can be made to fit... Get something close though.

Find seats you like and place in car. Mark holes, drill, install and bolt them up. Naturally a Charger bucket seat is going to be too wide so get something similar size. Don't Dodge Neon seats work. By 'work' I mean fit your ass and when installed, fit the car???

Again....

Find seats you like and place in car. Mark holes, drill, install and bolt them up. Naturally a Charger bucket seat is going to be too wide so get something similar size. Don't Dodge Neon seats work. By 'work' I mean fit your ass and when installed, fit the car???

but that would require effort, motivation and skills. 

Oh, man how I long for the great neg rep button to make a glorious return.

• Like 2

Good morning ratsuns I'm new here in the proud owner of 2 1980 Nissan 510 hatchback i bought them about 3 months ago, I'm keeping one and making some upgrade when possible and I will probably be asking lots of questions please be patient with me cause I'm not a familiar with the Naps z20s engine. my other 510 is for sale if anyone is interested let me know.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when the government reinstates natural selection, as well.

THIS.

Anyway, Honda civic seats seam to be "petite" enough and fit into damn near anything, including a 620. 240SX seats, S13 and S14, should fit pretty easy too.

Saturn SL series seats fit too, as well as those cheapo knock off racing seats at Oreilly's or NAPA. 

......But then again, those require effort.

Good morning ratsuns I'm new here in the proud owner of 2 1980 Nissan 510 hatchback i bought them about 3 months ago, I'm keeping one and making some upgrade when possible and I will probably be asking lots of questions please be patient with me cause I'm not a familiar with the Naps z20s engine. my other 510 is for sale if anyone is interested let me know.

All buying and selling is done here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/14-cars/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc   in the classifieds section of the forum. Good luck.

Mi carburetor is giving me problems so I'm ready to replace it I have an option of the Weber 32/36 single or side draft dual Weber or the Mikuni can anyone give me good advice on which would be best.

Remember I have a naps z20s

Simplest/cheapest thing is to rebuild your old carb. Get a good rebuild kit and a factory service manual (FSM). You'll learn something and you will need the manual later anyway.

Next is a new 32/36 weber NOT some old worn out rebuilt 5 times with missing parts piece of crap that doesn't have an adapter plate for it. Get a NEW one from Redline called a 'direct replacement', that includes everything you need to make this swap successful like adapter plate, gaskets, linkages, even an air filter. Specify electric choke and idle cut solenoid. You can get one for under $300.

Side drafts are the same deal either worn out crap someone wants to get rid of or expen$ive. Plus you need a matching manifold that fit$ a Z series engine. A side draft is not going to turn your Z20 into a missile so save your money.

I have an option of the Weber 32/36 single or side draft dual Weber or the Mikuni

New 32/36 from Redline, like Mike said. 

Side drafts are the same deal either worn out crap someone wants to get rid of or expen$ive. Plus you need a matching manifold that fit$ a Z series engine. 

Yeah, I don't think anyone has ever made a single sidedraft intake for a Z20/Z22? A few companies made dual sidedraft intakes, but...

And as Mike alluded to, unless you find a used intake, expect to spend about $1500-1600 to get a dual sidedraft set-up installed and working correctly.