A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heating is deffinatly bad, I have put a mount in a vice, and drilled a hole in the end before which is also not recomended. Run the bit through the bottom of a peanut butter jar and place shock inside jar so that when it sprays out it goes in the jar not allover you. After straightening mount tack the shock at the desired length.

I just nicked mine with an angle grinder and the soapy spray hissed out. Then just kicked it in closer to the body. Had to trim the rubber covering that hides the open space. Looks a lot better not sticking out so far, but really they have to go.

well yesterday with the ok from the insurance company i took off the bumper (every single bolt snapped,first i used an impact, then heated and used an impact then heated and used my ratchet, then said fuck it and snapped the rest of them with my impact) and it turns out the bumper was straight. i tried taking off the hex bolt to the shock on the side that got hit and it would turn but wouldn't come off. The MOFO got pushed so hard that it just pulled the steel mount apart like it was gum being pulled apart.  radiator is messed up. there is some frame damage. nothing a tree,chain, and and hour wont fix. the parts come out to 600 or 700. they gave me 2000 for it and didn't total it  :thumbup: and the assessor was a datsun fan. the shocks are fine.

Use that money to buy some PB Blaster. and a drill

I did. it was just so caked with rust that it wouldn't get through. i let it sit for 2 hours. i have 3 drills. and a press. why drill when i can just get a new one. and they eventually came out but i ran out of gas for my torch 

I miss my A10. Seems like i'll never get another one again, but I suppose I can dream!  :blush:

I picked up an S13 coupe shell and an Rb20 a few days ago. Life is hectic atm so I wont have it delivered until next week.....

I miss my A10. Seems like i'll never get another one again, but I suppose I can dream!  :blush:

I picked up an S13 coupe shell and an Rb20 a few days ago. Life is hectic atm so I wont have it delivered until next week.....

There was a really straight 80-81 maroon wagon for sale the other day cheeep