A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been scrambling to get it all together there's the biggest local car show this weekend where everyone goes after and drives laps on 8th street, really want to take it for a spin tomorrow but I have a feeling either the trans or breaks will get in the way of that happening.

IMG_20150821_132233031_HDR_zpshclqzfez.j

• Like 1

So we got ripped off by a fast talking shyster ,, but we came home with this..

IMG_3199.jpg

This thing was so outta place in amongst all the new shiney cars,, when we went over to Harbor freight ,, i had to take a picture of it for you.

IMG_3197.jpg

Nicest car in the lot?

The only one that looked fun to drive for sure. 

We drove the Dodge grand caravan of science because we had to haul my younger boys and we all couldn't fit in the 720 .. It would be a fail sauce but the extra people put us in the carpool lanes,,, ftmfw ..

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten... In fact, I still owe you wiring for the Weber...

We took motor out so he still has to get Ka in there first ......  Have you told Pineapplehead  which motor mounts you used so he won't have to mix and match to figure out?? .  

I have told FAT he is going to make his own outta all the brackets we have laying around but that really doesn't help Robopineapple head much..

We took motor out so he still has to get Ka in there first ......  Have you told Pineapplehead  which motor mounts you used so he won't have to mix and match to figure out?? .  

I have told FAT he is going to make his own outta all the brackets we have laying around but that really doesn't help Robopineapple head much..

To fit a KA into an A10 all you have to do is remove the L20 rubber isolators on the xmember and use the 240sx (s13, or S14 doesn't matter) rubber ones. Use KA brackets that are on the block. and bang, you'll be flipping your A10 into a  ditch in no time!!!!

• Like 2

I wish more people did KA / A10s to see how easy it really is. 

I can't tell you enough how easy it is. And never mind people saying H165 isn't strong enough for a KA24DE. On paper it may not be, but god damn it held real well against me bouncing off the rev limiter and dumping the clutch plenty of times.

To fit a KA into an A10 all you have to do is remove the L20 rubber isolators on the xmember and use the 240sx (s13, or S14 doesn't matter) rubber ones. Use KA brackets that are on the block. and bang, you'll be flipping your A10 into a  ditch in no time!!!!

There will be none of this use of "fancy" parts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he will cut , measure and weld to make the god damn things like a real fabricator,,  even if i have to put my foot in his ass to get them done.

• Like 2

You are not wrong.   :rofl:

But why switch to a manual and not put in a 5 speed?  ^_^

All things equal, there is no difference between 4 and 5 speeds until you get up to speed in 4th gear.

Five speeds tend to be used on trucks and larger displacement engines so they have to be stronger than the earlier 4 speeds so strength is another factor for having one.

Then there's the obvious over drive lowering of the RPMs on the highway. Again, more needed on larger displacement higher torque engines that can easily pull a car in a higher gear than a 'light' L16.

Then there's the obvious over drive lowering of the RPMs on the highway. Again, more needed on larger displacement higher torque engines that can easily pull a car in a higher gear than a 'light' L16.

Personally never had an issue with an L16 making use of a 5 speed, but everyone's experience is different.