A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i meant like clutch linkage comma MIA lol is the driveline shorter or longer and could i just cut mine and use that one

If you were to find a donor car, no cutting of anything would be needed. Minus the clutch master hole. 

Row 52 would be a great source. May have to plan a trip to the NW though. 

May be cheaper to find an running A10 for sale and just drive it back to NY. 

I don't understand do you have an automatic now?? If you have an automatic i very much doubt you have a "clutch" box........  The pedal box the manuals use has an extra bracket welded on,,, not that you couldn't add one on to the end of your existing box,, and bend some pedals to fit ,,, but by your questions it doesn't sound as if you're able to tackle that kinda fabrication right now.

The only way you or we will ever know for sure if you need a different size driveline,,, is for YOU to measure your transmission length ... We could guess at it till chickens learn to run excavators on the moon ,, and never really know without you simply breaking out a tape measure and crawling under car yourself. ,, to be honest.

20150601_094146.jpg

When I had mine, I pondered what other Datsuns could/would possibly donate their 3rd pedal to the cause. 

-720; basically the truck version of an A10. 

-210; damn near identical platforms. 

-200sx; again, just like the 210. 

-Maxima; longer version of an A10. 

-810; same as Maxima. 

So many cars, all so close to being the same. And you know Nissan/Datsun liked to keep it simple enough that SO MANY parts were interchangeable. 

Really all one would have to do is take a tape measure to the junkyard along with a bucket of initiative. 

• Like 1

I used a wilwood pedal assembly and master since I couldn't get the pedal local. I'd say 280zx trans is the easiest. Same length as the auto, use the stock driveshaft. You can even use the upper zx trans mount on the lower a10 mount. It is about as bolt in as it gets (unless you part out a complete manual a10). And zxs seem to be fairly common everywhere.