A10's U-nite !!!!

Wilwood..... or those other Datsuns. Thats your choice....

OR, here's an idea..... go to the junkyard and start looking and measuring yourself.

Before I even knew of Ratsun I got the idea to do a KA24DE swap on my '79 A10...... Guess what? I used a lot of brains, measuring and trial and error before I found ratsun and found an easy way of doing it.

Don't be lazy. If you want it, go get it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is to take measurements and pictures and go hit up every Nissan and Infiniti in the yard. They will be the ones most likely to be similar. Chances are you are needing to blaze new trails because what is known to work isn't available to you. So you're likely on your own.

OR - put up a classified ad here on Ratsun for one of the known options and see if someone has one they will sell you.

would an older 510 manual fit on the back of the l20b for now thats what im worried about is fitment on the block

It'll probably be a different length and/or be a 4 speed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181863318788?item=181863318788&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

theres no picture i asked the seller what the measurement was from the bell housing to the crossmember mount, this would have come off a napz engine wouldnt it have i also asked if they knew what it had come off of as well

You have an L series, the nap z tranny will lean over 

And you have to measure from bellhousing to tail, it'll have the same measurement from bell to tranny mount

im asking what ELSE BESIDES those model of cars there absolutely none of those up here, i do read it thank you

The only pedal assembly that absolutely WILL fit are ones from another A10.  End of story.  I scrapped a couple of these, might have saved the pedals, might not.  I'd have to dig.  Other Datsun cars MIGHT fit. B310 (79-82 210) would be the closest possibility. Might not.  Truck ones WILL NOT fit.  Totally different setup. 

Transmission- any L-series trans will fit any L-series engine.  Clear the flywheel, well, not always, but if you have the small 200mm clutch then all will fit the engine without clearance issues.

An early 510 (PL510) manual trans is the same length as the A10 manual trans.  Automatic is longer on the A10, so if you want one that is the same length as the .automatic you need to measure.  The 74+ truck and 280Z manual trans MIGHT be the same length as the A10 automatic, but I'm leery of saying it is (in the trucks and 280Z it was).    But- it will move your shifter back well outside the existing  hole.

The Ebay one is a FS5W63A "dogleg" trans that will physically bolt to the engine OR the car but not both at the same time without weird leaning issues (and stressed mounts) and will be shorter than your existing automatic trans.  You want one that fits perfectly then you'd need all the correct parts- a 77-79 200SX or 78-79 510 trans, 78-81 manual trans mount and crossmember,, and manual driveline.

That's my A10 at last years Oh So Retro show in Ramsgate, England!!! Oh and next to it is my Morris Marina Turbo, just go to youtube and type in Morris Marina Turbo to see the beast in action and how anyone can turbo any car in a day!!!

i have stolen more than a few pictures of your cars from over on that other site.

How about an introduction posted in General Discussion??? and some pictures of your A10???

Little tip here since he's new and all........................ The correct response in this situation is,,,  " You don't know me,,,,,,,,,,,, I do what i want"

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

The only pedal assembly that absolutely WILL fit are ones from another A10. End of story. I scrapped a couple of these, might have saved the pedals, might not. I'd have to dig. Other Datsun cars MIGHT fit. B310 (79-82 210) would be the closest possibility. Might not. Truck ones WILL NOT fit.

The b310 pedal box is a no go (well, maybe not if heavily modded), the orientation of the bolts on the clutch master is at a 45 degree angle compared to the A10, the master looks like a 280zX's. The zx trans is the same length as the a10 auto. I also used a zx clutch and flywheel. I'm putting this down because, when I did the swap, I was only 80 percent sure it was all going to work. Maybe this will save someone some consternation.

^^^Does the earlier model grill bolt in?

Yes. But you'll need the buckets/lights and to rewire the pinout for the headlamps. 

If that is a square-eyed A10, it's not an L20B as ad states. 

EDIT: Canadian 1980 A10s got the L20B. Is it metric?

• Like 2