My dream truck is for sale now in Japan ! ! ! 1978 (U620)

Steroid

One day I hope to add one of these to My collection. Look at THIS find ! ! !

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d137832125

gicchoya-img600x450-1348464565lur4459475

gicchoya-img600x450-13484645669fp17j9475

gicchoya-img600x450-13484645671mpy2e9475

If only the timing was right. I would be on My way now to try and get this shipped home ! !

STOCK seat and FLOORMATS ! ! ! !   Incredible ! ! !

I have only seen 3 for sale in 5 years that I have been looking. This truck is on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Type that in on Google and put in Datsun 620. They do not have Ebay in Japan. This is where I frequently look for magazines and such.

Can any of You translate this Yahoo listing ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One day I hope to add one of these to My collection. Look at THIS find ! ! !

gicchoya-img600x450-1348464565lur4459475

gicchoya-img600x450-13484645669fp17j9475

gicchoya-img600x450-13484645671mpy2e9475

If only the timing was right. I would be on My way now to try and get this shipped home ! !

STOCK seat and FLOORMATS ! ! ! !   Incredible ! ! !

I have only seen 3 for sale in 5 years that I have been looking. This truck is on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Type that in on Google and put in Datsun 620. They do not have Ebay in Japan. This is where I frequently look for magazines and such.

Why not just buy it and store it somewhere over their till you get the time to have it shipped?

As the opening bid sets, right now, this truck is just a little over $2,100.00. This is by far cheaper and much rarer than the white truck that sold on ebay recently. I would guess with shipping it could be had for around $6,000.00 or so. This would make it the first U620 to reach the U.S.A. that I know of. The closest one I have ever found photos of was in Costa Rica. If it were in any way doable I would very much consider taking on the challange of trying to get it here. I have written one email already to Japan to see if it is in any way feasible. I have no knowledge whatsoever on shipping a vehicle from Japan. It has been said on here (Ratsun) that a vehicle (1978) is old enough to make it into customs rules. Any of You having knowledge of how to do this, please write it on this thread. I should know tonight where in Japan the truck is located. If it is near a port city, especially Tokyo, I may proceed further. YES, I would be willing to sell off a truck or two from My collection to gain funds to get it here. This truck would look awesome with a nice paintjob and rims ! !  Let's see what happens. 

Shipping, $2000 to CA, Texas or FLA. If you can get seller to deliver to shipyard on appropriate side of Costa Rica. Have him steam clean it before dropping off, and mail you a copy of the receipt and bill of sale. You will need both items + EPA waiver + DOT waiver when it reaches the Port of Long Beach.