My dream truck is for sale now in Japan ! ! ! 1978 (U620)

Steroid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, My dream has been sold. Somebody in Japan purchased it. I hope they restore it (outside paint) and make a nice truck out of Her. Maybe someday another one as nice will surface. You guys didn't know it, but I was pretty close actually to My dream coming true. When it is "meant to be" possibly one day You will get the chance to see one in person on U.S. soil. What I did find out was that it was sold as a consignment at the Japanese Deuce Factory store. I talked to the owner of the store, Shun, at the Grand National Roadster Show. He now knows that I want a U620 and will begin looking for one for Me. The down side that We discussed would be the possibility of it having to be disassembled and shipped without the frame. That is not an issue to Me. I am finally very much closer to one day owning one of these!! Shun remembered meeting Me at His shop when I visited a few years ago. He also now knows that I am serious about purchasing and having one shipped over here.  

• 1 month later...

Well, My dream has been sold. Somebody in Japan purchased it. I hope they restore it (outside paint) and make a nice truck out of Her. Maybe someday another one as nice will surface. You guys didn't know it, but I was pretty close actually to My dream coming true. When it is "meant to be" possibly one day You will get the chance to see one in person on U.S. soil. What I did find out was that it was sold as a consignment at the Japanese Deuce Factory store. I talked to the owner of the store, Shun, at the Grand National Roadster Show. He now knows that I want a U620 and will begin looking for one for Me. The down side that We discussed would be the possibility of it having to be disassembled and shipped without the frame. That is not an issue to Me. I am finally very much closer to one day owning one of these!! Shun remembered meeting Me at His shop when I visited a few years ago. He also now knows that I am serious about purchasing and having one shipped over here.

yo if you ever find another. Hit up D from ssauto. He is located in manteca ca. And he would probably be able to ship one for you. Also he can get his contact in japan to search for one for you in japan.

• 2 weeks later...

My dream truck REALLY IS for sale now in Japan ! ! ! !

kyoken0229-img600x450-1361023552doodyf81

kyoken0229-img600x450-1361023553tuiwfu81

kyoken0229-img600x450-1361023554dqrhzy81

It has fallen into a little disarray but amazingly it has survived. It was built around 1987 or 1988. And YES, I am pulling all strings to try to purchase it. 

• Like 1

I received confirmation today that the seller knows that I want it and also that shipping can be set up by another person that I know in Tokyo. It is just a wait and watch thing now to see if I get the bid. 

It appears that My true dream truck is slipping from My reach. The current bid is just a little under $5,500.00 which is way out of My budget right now. I can only hope that the new owner appreciates it and restores it. There is now a bidding war and still 3 days to go. It will be interesting to see what it finally goes for.

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e136220397

The truck ended up going, with 26 bids, for $6,523.37, which actually is not that much for a rare magazine featured vehicle in My opinion. Still, with about $3,000.00 or more in shipping charges, $10,000.00 was way out of reach for Me. Hopefully one day I will be able to see it in person at a Truckmaster's show in Japan. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...