Site Update

Sweet! I can find my content again. I'd try to find it on the old version....wouldn't do it....had to google my own stuff to find it. Now, stuff I'd completely forgotten about pops up.

I wasn't getting notifications on threads I was watching. I pulled up the list of forums I'm watching.....short enough to easily fit on one page....then selected all and told it to send immediate notifications. I'm hoping that re-enabled the feature....we'll see.

Thanks for the update Thomas!!! I just want you to know that we do really appreciate all the time, effort and money that you put into keeping this forum alive. :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my computer crashed just before the site was changed.....bought a new one, logged on to ratsun and was like ....this new computer sucks!!!!!! Took me a couple times running through it but I am getting used to it slowly but surely( ok mostly slowly)

Edit: WTF is a warning point? And how many do you get before the ban hammer comes out?........maybe I'm in trouble already :angel:

The thing that bothers me most on the new update (besides clicking on a thread title takes you to first post instead of first unread) is that the Mark All Read now takes two clicks instead of one. Fortunately, there is a fix for this, unfortunately it's not on the user side.

If you want to go to the last read post, click on the star or dot to the left of the thread title. :)

I'm glad the site is working a little better. We hadn't updated for a while, partly because I wasn't looking forward to updating the theme. It's not as custom as some of them out there, but digging through thousands of lines of .html templates and style sheets to see what's going on isn't very exciting. Plus it's been a while since I've manipulated style sheets, so I had to remind myself how they work. I'm pleased to say that with modern browsers it's easier than it was some years ago.

So as some of you might notice, the old banner is back. Others might not notice it -- that means you're using an older version of Internet Explorer, so it will default to the "community college" theme. I tried to load it up in older versions of IE and it choked, so rather than spending a bunch of time fussing with it, I'm just going to have it go to a theme that works. It works on IE9 though, and I think it should be fine on every other modern browser as well. :)

• Like 3

Why the gallery images!!!!!!!!!?

I dont want to see them, I want to see the forum. I want the information first.

I would be fine with the images at the bottom, but at the top its just in the way of what is important.

Oh I just remembered I had a element hider addon.... happy day!

thank you Thomas for bringing the Ratsun logo back I hated looking at the IPS

looking good and working good the old page I was getting personal messages a week later on my email

And actually I am having more issues with the update than before.

I had no issues before (well besides the whole forum tanking)

Now pages never finish loading, my browser will just continue to load the page forever (I do mean like taking 1hr to finish loading the main page). Every appears correctly, just the browser reports it is still loading.

So I guess not a real issue.

And finally I am sorry for making 3 posts in a row in this thread, but each is a little different, and well I have a few beers in me.

Why the gallery images!!!!!!!!!?

I dont want to see them, I want to see the forum. I want the information first.

I would be fine with the images at the bottom, but at the top its just in the way of what is important.

Oh I just remembered I had a element hider addon.... happy day!

I wanted to try it out. It doesn't have to stay if the community doesn't like it.

Hmm, just need to figure out how to block that first bar. Got rid of the galleries, and the calender box in like 2 secs. Also need to make the forum darker in color, I hate white web pages.

Update%252520without%252520gallery%252520calender.jpg

You can use a custom style sheet and add,

#category_gallrecent {

display: none;

}

That would probably get rid of it. But, like I said, I just wanted to try it out.

And actually I am having more issues with the update than before.

I had no issues before (well besides the whole forum tanking)

Now pages never finish loading, my browser will just continue to load the page forever (I do mean like taking 1hr to finish loading the main page). Every appears correctly, just the browser reports it is still loading.

So I guess not a real issue.

And finally I am sorry for making 3 posts in a row in this thread, but each is a little different, and well I have a few beers in me.

I can't duplicate the problem in any of the browsers I've tried. Is it possible that it's a plugin you're using?

I hate to ask but, is there a way you can make the "full version" button work for us on mobile?

Isnt there a link at the bottom of the website that says, "Full version". I used clicked on it the first time I loaded it on the iphone and got me to the "PC" version.

img3119t.png

Edited by paradoxx

Dont like the new site myself.

Try to re edit ,doenst take

Back space dont work right soemtimes.

PM dont work right. I got to email. Cant rply to all PM messages.

Needs to look like a Datsun site. Post beat junk cars, soemthing.

We all like Datsun photos so you think a site would have some outlining photos to know your on a datsun site.

Ive had some issues when edditing, it hangs after saving the new post. For me the backspace is working properly just as the PM, have been using them quite often the last days.

Favicon is back!!!!!! :D

Good work, guys. As the owner of a huge forum, I agree - updates and change are a huge PITA.

There's inevitably going to be some whiners, but the reality is, you've got a free sandbox to play in, so STFU. :)

Site looks great, loads quick, and is easy to read. I'd call that a success.

Dont like the new site myself.

Try to re edit ,doenst take

Back space dont work right soemtimes.

PM dont work right. I got to email. Cant rply to all PM messages.

Needs to look like a Datsun site. Post beat junk cars, soemthing.

We all like Datsun photos so you think a site would have some outlining photos to know your on a datsun site.

What browser and version are you using?