MY project!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! The brakes are good and It can safely stop me now. But its janking to the right. Got to take a look at that.

Mark I do have that chin but I just dont want to mess up that clean valance I have. Luckily Ben "Hassianben" gave me an extra one so I can experiment. :D

Thanks man!

• 1 month later...

in that pic with the peary school ur parked in red

What Buben? Gonna rat me out? Just like Ulyses huh... LOL!

Update time!!!!! Got me a 17 gallon gas tank for my truck! WOOOO! Also got a l20b head and gonna harvest the cam to be used on the a87 head. Also gonna install the rear sway bar, the bumpereetes will also be added. I dont have pics of the so called parts that I am going to install. But I will so tomorrow.

The reason for the sudden motavation is that my truck is not so lame after all. Long story short I wanted to race another l20b 620 and today I meet Jeremy.

P1010016.jpg

Going out to find something to eat, I saw Jeremys truck. We talked and shared ideas and at the end I hinted of a race. He agread and so we went! I verly beat him. VERLY! He has dissavatanges like the titans wheels, no tach, 4.36 rear. But I is a 320 pound guy with a camper! I seriously need to lose some weight... After the race we pulled over and had a quick chat. Only to burn a doughnut around me. LOL! My hunger went away. LOL!

MMmmmm.... doughnuts.....

Here is my work in progress of the rendition I am planing on my truck. Its going to be primer black and brown for the 2010 JCCS show. I will post the completed one soon.... Lates!!!!

dxfasfdas.jpg

:hairy: thats is a sexy azz 620 ur too just paint it fast keep up the good work!!!

Thanks man. I saw your truck at the Moreno Valley meet. But did I talk to u? Honestly I forget names but not cars and there owners... LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks metal monkey!

I think I just made my truck more cool and ghetto super paisa Mexican!

I hate them actually ... The spinners... The spinners are actually for the western wheel.

IMG_7582.jpg

1963_Corvette_Stingray_SportCoupe.jpg

0000000011111.jpg

I also added a puke tank. "my engine bay looks ugly"

IMG_7585.jpg

I removed my wooden steering wheel for the rubber one and changed my shifter. I almost crashed from a lack of grip of the wooden steering wheel

IMG_7589.jpg

I need a chrome grill, a lawnmower in the back, some tractor trailer lights, and a chrome eagle hood ornament to complete the look.

• 4 weeks later...

2ND part of the build.

Taking this off.

IMG_6987.jpg

for this!

IMG_6988.jpg

I need new bearing and brake pads... I went into - in my bank and have some overdraft fees. I guess I will wait till I get paid. :(

hi motavated

I have a 75 620 w/kin pins as well and i will like to do the same thing that u have done to your front suspension w/the disc break and upper and lower bal joins.Can u tell what did u use for the update? like model of the vehicule calipers etc...please, any help will be very apreciate.

Didn't read every post, but I'm more or less caught up now. I'm not usually a fan of JDM wheels, but the ones you have on the truck look really sweet.....not a fan of the spinners with those wheels though. :)

I mainly wanted to give you props for your bushing puller!!! Awesome job! I'm a huge fan of the "get it done" philosophy as opposed to the "I can't because...." Granted, I'm not the best practitioner, but definitely a fan :)

Keep up the great work!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't read every post, but I'm more or less caught up now. I'm not usually a fan of JDM wheels, but the ones you have on the truck look really sweet.....not a fan of the spinners with those wheels though. :)

I mainly wanted to give you props for your bushing puller!!! Awesome job! I'm a huge fan of the "get it done" philosophy as opposed to the "I can't because...." Granted, I'm not the best practitioner, but definitely a fan :)

Keep up the great work!!! :)

O damn! I got props from Mike, YEAHHHHHH!

Well update time. Guess what? My engine be dead yet again. My third engine to be exact. I don't give up!

But fuck man. I swear some people these days just don't care anymore about their businesses anymore. No love, no quality, no nothing. I dont recommend A.L Cams in Los Angeles California.

Well some have seen the pics of the current engine block.

IMG_7620.jpg

I decided to take her apart for the simple reason that she acted really funky on cold start up. Well glad I did as you can see...

Today I had more time and took of everything except for 8 bolts. I would like to have an engine hoist ready before I take off the transmission bolts since it would be easier. I also organised my bolts and not put them in a bucket like before.

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg

This is how I used to do things...

P1010013-1.jpg

And i still do! I need to clean that Garage tomorrow.

IMG_7647.jpg

Kindly Hassinben traded me his old block. Great great block. I will do the rebuild myself with some help of the internets, friends, and books. Thanks!

IMG_7641.jpg

Gonna start cleaning parts, garage, engine removal and painting, tomorrow.

As you can see I also added a puke tank from a 79 620. I converted it to fit on the fire wall. Its like it was made for her. Thanks alot again Ben!

I just checked the diameter of the cylinder walls of the block hessinben let me borrow. It measured around 85.04mm give and take some .01 here and there. No scratches that I can feel or see. Gonna hone it and install some new rings...

I read in the l20b manual. 85.000mm to 85.050mm is standard... Not bad!!!!

did you order a set of those pistons???

Man nice 240. I wish I could throw parts on a nice car like that.

I also see 2 L heads upside down?PS I like the JDM wheels!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I have not. I wanted to check the cut on the engine before I bought anything "everything looks std". Today I am heading out to check out the stock l20b pistons this engine came with. If they still be to spec. I might just order a set of new rings, new bearings, and clean up the block and hone it. I might buy the .020 over just to have a set in case I F up. ;)

Sucks to hear about your engine... hit me up if you need a hand. I also want to go check out your brother's 240.

Cuando queiras hombre! Right now nothing exciting is going on. Just cleaning and ordering stuff. My brother contacted you the other day? He said he did. I wonder...

Damn its nice!

Do you have

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/motav8td/IMG_7582.jpg <-- in High res perhaps?

Uhhhhh....... I'll look into it I guess!

Adam i hope you can get her back on the road for the BBQ in Sept.

I have never made it with the truck. I have such bad luck! I will try!

those pistons were a good price.

I got 2 set already but paid more

Which ones did you order? I ordered the other day some head gaskets of the BECK/ARNLEY brand. They were made of asbestos!!!! I heard asbestos is cool back in the day. But that can kill me? I ordered a felpro engine rebuild gasket kit instead.... :D