MY project!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little intimidated about wiring... I really need to relay both my headlights (yellow fog and regular). Fucken fuse was burning up on the way back from bakers..

Dont I have to remove the battery tray for some hellas? I am afraid of that the most!

No, the battery tray does not need removed for Hella's.

The Hella kits i bought take up no more space than your current headlight assemblies. The battery tray might need attended to IF you used the Hella BMW ellipsoids.

Now put your new Hella's on relays. Wiring the relays is really easy and not any more work than wiring up a set of aftermarket lights.

PM me if you need some help with the wiring.

Google this--Hella 5 3/4 and select images in the top left. I paid about $100 for my set of outside lenses. The cheap knock-off brands are really not worth the money ive been told(never tried them).

• 1 month later...

Update time! Well after raising it back up I noticed that my upper control are bushing are shot. I just but them on! So I called around and it costs 17$ per side.... so that's around 37.06 with tax. Only the upper control arm bushings! CRAZY!

My control arms are now 79 style with ball joints so I research some info for some poly. You can use 720 bushings from 1980-86 on a 78-79 620. Energy suspension part number 7.3101G offers the whole bushing kit upper and lower for around 45$. Its not question there which ones I am going to buy!

here is some pics... Ugly being so high no?

IMG_9123.jpg

IMG_9122.jpg

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9120.jpg

Yowza. I just read through this and I am impressed. Talk about determination, I might have given up after 3 engines.rolleyes.gif Then again I don't drive my truck at 120mph!

And this comment from Bleach had me laughing pretty hard. " Why would people in costumes always be going to Autozone?" That's from page 3.

Anyway, looking good, keep it up.

Yowza. I just read through this and I am impressed. Talk about determination, I might have given up after 3 engines.rolleyes.gif Then again I don't drive my truck at 120mph!

And this comment from Bleach had me laughing pretty hard. " Why would people in costumes always be going to Autozone?" That's from page 3.

Anyway, looking good, keep it up.

Thanks!

sexy? JCCS WINNER?

IMG_91271.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Pope AKA Beebani made me upper adjustable control arms. AWESOME! These have been clean up and painted. Going to install these asap! No more camber issues. AND! New lower and upper poly control arm bushings.

IMG_9242.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

55$. We were haggling on the phone and he all ready knew from my voice that it was me. Mario; I keep forgetting about him and his name, but we have talked many times before. I meet him at the yard and at the swap meets many times. Mario told me it was rebuilt and that his bro is doing a KA swap so he has no need for it. When I meet him, I had no idea! Once he starting talking about his car. I remember once again who he was. I am so fucked up like that! So we talked and chatted about cars for a while and I am just happy that this carb is complete and looks pretty damn clean. Thanks Mario!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had lots of problems with her and she was looking rather sad. 

IMG-20121219-WA0003.jpg

The engine had some problems and the suspension was wonky. I got this l16 that I was freshing up.

CameraZOOM-20120928184038374.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120929110322460.jpg

430421_424855680915240_1750358159_n_zps4

Took off the head of the old l20b and saw that it was blown. Could this be my problem? So i got the head milled and a new gasket.

CameraZOOM-20121219162253754.jpg

CameraZOOM-20121219162230688.jpg

To be on the safe side, I got an open chambered head that was inspected and cleaned up. It passed the pressure and leak down test just fine at the machine shop. Going to install the open chamber on the l20b and the closed chambered on the l16 as a backup motor.

next it is the suspension. I removed everything and replaced the lower control arm bushing. Using spring compressors,some washers, a tube, and a torch to install and remove the old bushing.

IMG_7019.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130116170022364.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130116165852961.jpg

So that is where I am at. just slowly putting her back together now...

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a hood now since my flew open. XD

Took off the stainless headlight shades since the wind keeps breaking off the headlight rings. Going 100 mph is probably not a good idea as well. Making it more aerodynamic.

Plasti dipped bleaches old front bumper and added a stock but pretty clean front valance.

• 2 months later...

She has been running fine!

The other day the thermostat gasket started to leak so I cleaned that up and reinstalled...

One thing I noticed is the way the horns suck!  so I went to the junkyard at the half off sale and I got me these babies. THEY ARE LOUD!

super-horn-sb-055-638.jpg

another thing i noticed is how lame these crap pinto shocks I have. Super soft suspension! So i bought me some of these... Best I seen for the pinto set up. 80$ shipped is pretty sick.

KYB4.jpg

I also got a wire harness to install H4 lights and fogs. this kit. so going to wire her up and ground her good.

$(KGrHqF,!psF!P6S0)qNBQRYh5hW6g~~60_3.JP

So she is a DD and she runs great! I just hate that she gets 15mpg...