MY project!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 74 620... I guarantee that I will have it running in 1 or 2 months!!!!! If I don't get a speeding ticket.... My question is. What is the color code for my truck? I love that color and I would love to repaint it the same way. Thanks and wish me luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

motivated,

you sure your name is not Mcguyver I mean damn you totally are going to town on the 620!!! I applaud all the work you have done so far, actually gets me motivated to work on my several projects I have laying around here also, man you must have understanding neighbors to tear apart your truck in front of your house like that or is that in the backyard LOL. seriously keep up the good work, well back to my trashing on my projects in this 100 degree weather up here in antioch,ca!!!

conrad

• 3 weeks later...
Well I did read somewhere that this Datsun 620 was built by Nissan... I found that weird and I very unique... :thumbsup:

:lol:

stay way from the paint fumes...haha j/k...project is looking good, keep the pictures coming..

Got My engine back! Well I guess the used some pretty gay parts on it... Here is the link!!!

http://www.rockprod.com

Its called rock products and well its says on there site that it meet oem specifications... But I don't know...

Also the oil pump. The one I got was for a single cam KA... Is this the Hi volume one? Or is it the ka24de the one I need?

I'll post pics soon!!!!

Got that booster problem fixed... My rig had the wrong clutch cylinder...

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Used a 710 front Datsun badge from the yard that I found. I think it looks nice in the 620 grill no?

untitled-3.jpg

Me happy with the results!!!

untitled-4.jpg

The engine is ready but some parts are still being degressed and painted from the old motor...

I will try to have her ready for the JCCS!!! Wish me luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix
Got that booster problem fixed... My rig had the wrong clutch cylinder...

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

I will try to have her ready for the JCCS!!! Wish me luck!!![/b]

Nice engine bay work. I am considering a black engine bay. Easier to keep clean, looks more sporty, I like it.

A clear engine bay is a pain in the brain to keep clean.

Nice off road lamps inside the grille.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

I got the rig with bigger fog lights.. They were amber and did not look to good with the yellow Benz. Sadly one lens broke and well I just went to the autozone to buy this chrome ones for 20 bucks... The originals were Japanese....

The rear window I found it in the yard "pickapart down CHP"... It has some broken plastic clips that the PO must of broken off. But the hinges, gasket, & window are really good. I can fix it but I need to drill some holes... But I really don't want to modify it... If I cant find these plastics clips, I guess I would....

• 4 weeks later...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT DRIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FINALLY ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Little shit set me back like the timing chain was installed incorrect, my chain cover broke, installed the header wrong, bad clutch cylinder, bad booster's and brakes, electrcal,... ETC ETC ETC

I drove it around the block like 10 times just to be sure everything was fine. Thanks for all your guys help!

BUT!!!!! There is one small problem.... Whenever the car is forced, a clanking noise starts up. I'm guessing I need to adjust the valves? Only happen when its being forced or in the wrong gear...

THANKS! I'll post some pics up....