MY project!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah... Everything runs ok.... It does not backfire or nothing like that but when it idles the engine shakes and trembles... So its not running smooth...

kind of like this ....

RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr BRom Brom RRRRRRRRrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brom rborm rborm RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Brom RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It shakes on the broms...

When I'm driving it goes like this... First gear with the foot on the floor....

RRR! all the way but with this constant CLink clink clink!! But idling is ok.... well until u rev it hard!

:lol:

SO pretty much when the engine is forced the clinking comes in...

HELP!

I guess I will have to take to get the lifters adjusted. Almost all the engines this truck has had have been making this weird noise... Especial the first one this one came with! But that one just a POS..... Last time I think I got the valves adjusted and it went away... But not to sure since the engine blew out like three days later....

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had a one day pass so I took her on the FWY.... It handles well.... But what scared me the most was that the temp was registering hot! I pulled over and opened the rad cap... No explosion and the water was hot but not skin burning. I later learned that when I turn on the lights, the Temp will skyrocket. I also used a 160 deg thermostat... So I really think its just registering wrong. Another problem I got to fix I guess.

I raced my bros 240sx and well my 620 was keeping up! The problem is that I shift too early since the engine is still new and I have no rpm tach.... Maybe once I break her in, I can take him out!

I think it would of made it too the meet after all...

Peace!

the sunpro ones work fine ive never had an issue with mine

....just as long as you use the "mount" that comes with 'em! I tried to glue mine in the stock location, bounced all over like a trampoline!:eek:

Seriously though, a $35 tach buys you extra "peace of mind" for a new motor, that way you KNOW you aren't over/under revving it, instead of just "guesstimating"

• 2 months later...

After a while I have done a few things to my truck. Installed 620 tach, kenwood "shaft" tape player, and some 6.5 infinity speakers. Still not perfect since odo plastic frame broke. So today I sent it to the electric shop and the only thing wrong that the electrican could see was a busted horn relay and a bad battery. 50 bucks later a new battery and a new relay I was hauling ass down the 710. 100MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to long beach and back a couple of times just cus. Then I decided to go to the junk yard and a found a perfect odo plastic frame that I will install later. So yeah. Moving and my camera broke when I was recording my 100mph... So I'll update more once I move and have more time and cash.

Edited by Motavated

Yeah man!!!! Thanks!!!!! Running good but still needs some brake/suspension/and clutch work.

Just got a new steering wheel for my truck and I have planned on buying the autobot horn button and the Bee-otch air freshner. I plan on painting some black rally stripes. That way I can drive it being trashy... Plus its going to look tight just cus its going to be looking like Bumblebee from transformers... TIGHT!!! huck hiuck hick!!!

Ebay has them. I have been looking for the horn on the internet recently but I could not find one. Ebay is your only bet. They were lots of different sellers with diffrent styles when the movie came out. But now there are only two types. To save some cash I will just try to find a "gel" type sticker and keep my stock horn button and just replace stickers. But I cant find them!!! The bee-otch air freshner is on ebay for 10 buxs!!!! You can get them of some internet webpage for 3 buxs... Just keep looking man!!!

Found out while driving it that the turn signals have a short some were. Its charging the ground? I can touch metal and it shocks me. I took of that fuse for the turn signals and the truck was reving higher like if it was advanced or something. My guess is that since the ground was charged. It was not getting enough power to the spark plug? So when I took of that fuse it drives 50X better!. I guess I have to take it back to the electrician again...

Found out while driving it that the turn signals have a short some were. Its charging the ground? I can touch metal and it shocks me. I took of that fuse for the turn signals and the truck was reving higher like if it was advanced or something. My guess is that since the ground was charged. It was not getting enough power to the spark plug? So when I took of that fuse it drives 50X better!. I guess I have to take it back to the electrician again...

OMFG :lol: :lol: :lol: very sorry... but I have a VERY funny picture of this in my head... I can just imagine looking over at the guy in the datsun next to me and he looks like hes having a seizure or something. :D

sent a note to datzenmike but I'll post it here if anyone can send me some advice.

Its going to be a long.... LONG STORY! Please help!

Mkay. I took my car to the electrician and well he fixed the horn relay and checked for any shorts. He then let me go. While I was driving her the other day at night. The headlight fuse "top left" was getting really hot! Weird! And the fuse wont pop! It feels like its going to melt the fuse box. Only get hot when the lights are on.

Then there is this other fuse "bottom left" that I think powers the turn signals and the temp/gas reader. When I disconnect that fuse the car seems to run much better! And when I install the fuse back. It seems to lose power. It also I think causes to shock me when I touch metal.

How can I fix that hot head light fuse? I heard from a electrician that its not getting enough power and maybe the ends might be burnt. That is what is causing it to get hot. And that the electrican wants to run direct power, a wire from the batt to the fuse to stop it from getting hot.

And the Bottom left fuse that powers the turn signals and gas and temp readers. That one is all messed up. I got to figure that one out. What advice can you give me? Thanks!

I figure that I should do a headlight rewire with bosch relays to fix that hot fuse. But if there is a simpler solution, please speak up.... I'm still a noob....

OMFG :lol: :lol: :lol: very sorry... but I have a VERY funny picture of this in my head... I can just imagine looking over at the guy in the datsun next to me and he looks like hes having a seizure or something. :D

I started busting up laughing when I read this post :lol:

Anyways, So take all the fuses out and see if the engine sounds better?

Well I went to the yard and got a new fuse holder from a 1978 truck. Cleaned the copper with lemon and then sand it down. Spliced the new harness in and fuse holder and well it seems like it stopped overheating the fuse box. So I had it running for like 15 minutes with all the lights on and no overheating. I guess this solved one of my problems.

I still need to find out what is shocking me!!! Its now safer to drive... I guess. :lol: