MY project!!!

Not much done too her since we moved. No pics cus my camera died. But for a Christmas present, I bought her a steering wheel and an adapter. And finally installed the tach and stereo with some 6.5 infinities on the side. 6.5 are way too big so she might get some 5.5 and make the holes I made smaller. That is all...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics. Have not done much... Sorry for taking them at night.

IMG_6281.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

What I have done recently, is that I bought thisGT650.jpg?osCsid=15606c914f1a4437ebe216b7b243ad7b and installed it. Works with the stock 620 hanger!!!

Also some light visors.... Peace!

Edited by Motavated
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FUCK I HATE SOME AUTOPARTS STORES!!! Stupid ass mother fuckers.... What is a clutch slave cylinder... dUhhhhh! Nah you didn't order it.... You need a receipt to prove that you did! Duhhhhhh! WRAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Dont go to this autozone. STUpid ass staffff!!!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=autozone+gardena&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=BpDjSc-AL6LcjAO2yfDRDw&cd=1&hl=en&sll=33.892380,-118.294435&sspn=0.006295,0.032338&latlng=33892380,-118294435,2377494092218728311

That is not my review in that link... It just proves how sttttttttttttuppid they are...

I must say that i dread coming into this store. Staff although polite are usually unorganized , although sad to say seeing how it is an auto parts store, usually don't have the type of knowledge of auto parts and mechanics one would expect from them. Add this up with the store always being filled with costumers; it is just not a pretty site.

Not a pretty web site? Or the AutoZone site is not a pretty sight?

Why would people in costumes always be going to Autozone?

:confused:

I don't know man. But I do know this! I told the super that I work for an autozone and that she was not doing a good job. Then she tried to get me fired!!!! Muahahahah! I quit that autozone job like 5 years ago. Stupid stupid stupid.

That person fails at life... I did not scream at her or cus her out. But just because she believed she had power over me. She tried to fire me for a small argument.... Man people these days...

Here is what is going on... I took of my clutch and aluminum flywheel. They are pretty much new but I installed the wrong clutch sleeve! So this spring break I have been fixing little stuff here and there. Next is the suspension! New pic soon!!!!

BTW! The flywheel could be for sale... PM me is interested...

042.jpg[/img]

041.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

Hey Motavated.

Truck is looking good. I like that shot at the dash, with that steering wheel, and that 620 dash has always been one of my all time Datsun favorites.

I grew up with a 620. My dad bought a new one back in the day, badged as Datsun 1600, I think it had an L16 in it. It had a column shifter, very rare today.

Hope to see the pix of the lowered truck!

Cool.

Jaime._______________________________________________

Dude!!!! those wheels are filth!!! that's after having them worked over at the shop right?

get those things on cuz!!!

that's going to change the look of your truck completely-

now just make it all the same color!:D

Jaimes I really want to post pics but its just to ugly at the moment. I will include a writeup on how to rebuild the front suspension on this truck and include a lot of pics though. Wish me luck!

Ben thanks for the compliments. Yes that is how they looked when I just got them. It seems like the previous owner fucked them to shit when he junked the truck. I seen them and they were in such bad shape, I was gonna pass on them. But they were holding air. Sooooo I bought them. My brother told me that this wheel repair shop did miracles for a good price. I tried them out and they came back better then before. Not perfect, but better. Btw.... I just bought a white gas door... He!

Just need my brake brackets to arrive so that the suspension can be rebuilt and dropped.

• 2 months later...

I really don't like my truck not running. I really REALLY try to have all the parts necessary for a specific job. So that at the end of the day I can drive her. Well lately my parts have not been arriving and everything have gone to shit. I had ordered all the parts needed for the whole front end rebuild, disk conversion, rear end rebuild and a semi new diff with 4:11 gears of a 79 620. "Thanks ben!" But today the most important parts are not even been built or not in stock. :mad:

So here she is not finished and lacking parts. I hate it when shit like this happens. I plan it all out and it does not work out at the end... :(

(took of the diff and clean the rear end up)

IMG_6376.jpg

(my old diff was in bad shape after all. Bad bearings and leaking)

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

(I still had sun out so I went to the junkers and got the master cylinder containers and installed the new MC)

IMG_6375.jpg

::::RANT::::

So I go to the yard and find the master cylinder reservoirs and went to go paid. That fucker charged me 18$ for both of them and they were first sold as "radiator". I argued and finally got them for 6$... Dumb ass.

The reason I did not install the rear diff today was that I ordered some leaf spring bushings from Kragen and the order was canceled. :mad:

SO I went to autozone and there staff is always retarded. I handed them a paper that said "Energy suspension P/N# 2.2107g". I told him can You order that part? He said no... Energy suspension? where does that part even go? Are they tie rods? :( Noooo! It's a part and at the bottom of the paper, that is the part number... Please dont make me snap and please look it up... OHHHH!! Energy suspension is a brand! Ohhh, I'm sorry! Here let me charge you ok?. Ok, cool! But before you charge me here is my autozone rewards card.... PeeB! I am sorry I already rung you up. I cant give your points any more. :mad::mad::mad::mad: I want my money back! No, I cant do that..... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I just left... :( Some people today just are just plain stupid...

Edited by Motavated
SO I went to autozone and there staff is always retarded. I handed them a paper that said "Energy suspension P/N# 2.2107g". I told him can You order that part? He said no... Energy suspension? where does that part even go? Are they tie rods? Noooo! It's a part and at the bottom of the paper, that is the part number... Please dont make me snap and please look it up... OHHHH!! Energy suspension is a brand! Ohhh, I'm sorry! Here let me charge you ok?. Ok, cool! But before you charge me here is my autozone rewards card.... PeeB! I am sorry I already rung you up. I cant give your points any more. I want my money back! No, I cant do that..... I just left... Some people today just are just plain stupid...

What total losers. I'd be pissed.

larry

sorry for the long post / rant:

i worked for autozone... and while most of the problems you are having are in fact the idiots that work at that store... it also has to do with the "training" they recieve. which honestly consists of nothing and then after you work there for a few months they teach you how to prevent the customer from getting anything back, what i mean is they don't want you giving back cash "oh well it's telling me to give you a merchandise card and there's nothing we can do about that" (a lie, it's company policy with no receipt, but it can be overridden, also the receipt papers fade pretty damn quick). autozone will only hire 1 or 2 people with automotive experience per store. they don't want their employees to know too much about cars because they think they will spend too much time with one customer, and be more likely to actually work on somebody's car in the parking lot. all in all it's a stupid corporation that is ONLY concerned with turning a profit in a niche market. i use to tell customers all the time, the only reason they have store fronts is to cover two bases. one, people that refuse to some/all things off the internet. two, people that actually want to ask questions/get advice/physically see and touch the item they want to buy. so if i (when i was an employee for autozone) can't fullfill those needs, i am no good to a customer. but most of their employees just know that if they can stay under the radar through their shift they can go home and collect a paycheck at the end of the week... it might as well be a mcdonalds.

i've got some funny stories from workin there... another post another day perhaps.

Tnip, I too used to work for Autozone. And they are retarded! It is true that they hated me for taking longer times with costumers, but its also because I did know what I was selling and what the customer really need. I was the best seller for months and I sold more "witijer" than anybody. There was proof!

Believe me a dumb ass would just waste more of your time and not get you no were. I know the rules so when the say... NO! I cant refund you this because its too late. Or No! Blah blah blah. I know its bullshit. The reason I did not want to start arguing there is because I already did once before.

Last time the stupid manager wanted to see my receipt before she handed me my parts that I ordered and already paid. Sorry, its policy. BS!!!! I bought them they are mine. Here is my I'd and it says my name. What part do you have there? Is that a clutch cylinder for a Datsun? Would the person who ordered it might be named Adam? So if it, its mine. Look at my warranty!... No sorry, clearly you dont know the rules of this establishment and you are not getting these parts. Excuse me f8888? WTF did you just say? I work at one dumb ass and I now the rules!!!!! Ohhh yeah? What store? Store number 5***. I'm calling you manager and getting you fired!!!! Oh yeah stupid *8888? I quit a year ago. So call anywhere you want and I know my rules give me my part!!!!! So the head store manager heard enough and finally gave me my part.... I left home angry and wasted an hour... :mad:

Edited by Motavated

Thanks bonvo!

Yeah that is a great idea nis720! The reason I forgot about 4 wheel parts in compton off the 91 is that they dont carry much Nissan parts anymore. I called them and asked... Do you have some SS brake lines for a 95 pathfinder? Nope, we don't care much Nissan parts anymore. Not even body lifts... WOW! Sooooo.... I just forgot about them. Great service BTW! :D

(Last month they did not even mention parts for "Nissan" in there catalog. :(

They have now changed there layout online and they now mention "Nissan" :o)

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/Body-Lift-Kits.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=20&t_pt=3680

Edited by Motavated
  • 4 weeks later...

I had some time today and well I started too work on the truck again.

Here is how it looks now.

IMG_6432.jpg

Starting working on the suspension and I bought new Nissan upper bushing since the Generic ones from the auto parts store were looser and smaller. 35$ new at the dealer! These Nissan/Datsun parts were fatter and bigger! Look they dont even fit!!!

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

So I had to loosed one side of the upper control arm so I can fit it in. I then tighten both bolts and there she goes.

IMG_6433.jpg

Now how do I remove the bottom bushing? Help???? Please?!??!? Anyone?!?!?

IMG_6439.jpg

Cleaning and painting the suspension right now. Full of dirt and oil. Gonna make it shine!!!:cool:

Edited by Motavated

AWW FUCK! I think I put the top bushings on wrong!!!! I might need to buy some replacements again and it takes soo much time!

I used this as reference. http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=12094&highlight=521+bushing

100_4084.jpg

I put them the other way around...

?action=view&current=IMG_6441.jpg

:(:mad::o:D:lol:

so the smaller diameter goes inside right?

Edited by Motavated
Guest DatsuNoob

Not sure. Dude... I want your wheels. :cool: Have you run that flywheel yet? I bought the same one and was wondering how you liked it? Keep up the great work, lookin good!