MY project!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncles tire shop could not mount them even with the "BAZOOKA". So they used tire inner tubes. I bet one had a hole and it got flat an the way home. O WELL! I will post them tomorrow. I was out in the cold for an hour waiting to get a tire iron long enough to take them off. LOL!

Honestly this is what I am thinking right now... I need some 15x8 for the front. I don't want to flair the rear and not the front.

So for the mean time. I will run the 14x6 for a while and try to find the 15x8.... ANY ONE GOT SOME 15X8 Laying around????

I also want to build a LSD rear end and four link my truck. HOPEFULLY the guy who installed that SUBI diff on the Datsun rear posted how he did it. I want that info!

My front end is retarded. I am tired of them being negative chamber all the fucken time. I am looking into building adjustable upper control arms. I can fix that problem with buying some drop spindles. But I have to use 17 wheels or bigger... I like my 14 and 15's wheels very much. I want to keep it that way...

I will keep you posted

hrdp_0706_05_z+frames+adjustable_tubular_control_arm.jpg

How I see it You can lower or raise the 620 and it will keep the suspension perfect. The other way you can do it and it much easier is this way.

JDM+civic+EK,+EJ+front+adjustable+upper+control+arm+model+28209+(2).JPG

JDM+civic+EK,+EJ+front+adjustable+upper+control+arm+model+28209+(1).JPG

JDM+civic+eg+92-95,+crx+93-97+%26+integra+94-01+adjustable+upper+control+arm+(4).JPG

I have talked to Bee and he looks interested. I can do it. But I need a good welding machine for good penetration and time..

For the mean time. Just planning shit...

Kool arms. Adam, i wonder if just the adjustable ball joints can be purchased ? If so i can make the rest & graft onto a stock upper arm.

YES YOU CAN!!! I have them here. I don't know if its the same ball joint the 620 has though. Those pictured are from a Integra...

http://www.skunk2.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=916-05-5670

Camber%20Kit%20Ball%20Joint%20_360x360.jpg

My only concern is will it hit the rim?

the other issue is whether or not you'd be able to actually tighten the bolts while the wheel is on the truck?

I don't think you can. BUT! You can adjust the arm bolts with shims. SO what is it sticks out a little? Add some shims and BAM! Its ok again.

• 3 weeks later...

My hood flew open and I fucked shit up. I have everything now but a straight hood.

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

Also how do you install this?

IMG_8582.jpg

I must have the wrong alt bracket. I got this one from the yard... That is why the alt hits on my truck. But how do you bolt the alt on this?

WOW is all i can say im new to forum and i just read your whole build great looking truck and thanks for all the info and pics you posted it will really help me with my build alot. One question for you tho your front control arms are off a 87 pathfinder right and the bolted in to factory location? i have been trying to find front control arms forever and have had no luck and i really want my 78 king cab back on the road with a sr20 under the hood.

The upper control arms are custom built by a guy named beebani. He is on here and can probably build you something nice. The lower ones are stock 1979 620 control arms ball joint.

Thanks. I am now driving the truck every day everywhere. It is a learning experience and just like everyone else. You learn alot from your first cars. If I were to have money and have another 620. I would do things a little different. He he he!

• 3 weeks later...