MY project!!!

I have been broke and my truck acting stupid... I bought a new junkyard timing marker and pulley. I also got a new vacuum advance for the distributor. But that has not arrived yet. The only thing I have done is this.

IMG_8384.jpg

its a valance Ben gave me and I modified. Its still needs some body work. But this valance is for the chin spoiler I got. Let see what else will happen in the future... I am also thinking of raising it back up!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After waiting and waiting for the vacuum advance I just told nissan to give me my money back. Its in "back order" and its never ever going to come in. SO! I went to shop around and Pronto Auto parts had a reman distributor for 130 with tax. The only thing it does not have is the module. Its coming in on Friday. Maybe by Sunday I will have her running again.

How you know its the vaccum adv?

I have had vac adv locked up solid and still run ok.

whats the exact proplem?

I always ck the timming settings. mechanical and then electrical.

ck the valve clearance.If thats all good I will assume the moto part is GOOD.

ck the dizzy shaft for lots of wiggle. if idle good but at high RPM it cuts out it could be the dizzy. or maybe carb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not exactly in the center but whatevers... That is also that valance you gave me. Its being used and hopefully abused!

That is what I was going to tell you. I learned that your 4 cylinder dissy pedestal is the same for a 1980 280zx. I was using a 280zx pedestal but I thought it was not the same as the 4 banger dissy. When I got yours. THEY LOOKED EXACTLY A LIKE! So i looked up the part numbers for a 280zx and a 1980 720 pickup l20b.... SAME PART NUMBER!!!!!

THANKS MAN!

Sorry buddy! If i would of known I would of not bottered you about that... I am saying this so that other people could know...

nissan-720-pickup-ignition-system-220l01.png

nissan-280zx-ignition-system-220001.png

• 1 month later...

I found some early pics of my truck. This is like a week after a got it. The original l18 had a bad head but I am pretty sure the block was still good. (should of kept it)....

scan0004.jpg

This is how she is today. 5 engines, 2 transmission, and one rear end later. This is how she is...

2011-01-23_163448.jpg

My next task is get some money and paint it. But When?...

^ LOL!

So the first thing I needed to do is get some new wheels. I HAVE been looking for a sex I mean set like this for a while. HERE THEY ARE! 15x10 us indy mag

182691_136560566411421_100001724355281_217811_3477170_n.jpg

183333_136560579744753_100001724355281_217812_704119_n.jpg

181731_136560599744751_100001724355281_217813_5052169_n.jpg

They match 14x6 us Indy mags I have right now. Having a matching set is what I have been looking for for quite a while! I am glad I got them for 40 buxs...

scan0004.jpg

You can say possible the tires are nooo good. You can run them and go around the block. But nothing more than that. HEY BEN! What size are you running on your red rear cragars on your 521?

I did put them on today and they stick out a good three inches. They look weird. I installed 235 50 r 15 and they look good on the rim. But man do they stick out! I might need to find a shorter 521 DIFF to make them fit better. I heard the 521 diff is shorter.

On the way home from the tire shop on tire got flat and I scratched the fucken lip... So I installed the stock sloted mags. I will post pics tomorrow to show both styles.... I might have to do a thread... on which wheels are better.