Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I snapped these pics at a rest stop on the way back to Everett. My buddy Mark just picked up this car in Vancouver today. It was an interesting ride home as the battery fell against the fuel pump and pinched the fuel line starving the engine on I-5. We made a harness out of zip ties to hold it long enough to get home. We realized the rubber. fuel hose was damaged internally at the kink after persistent fuel starving issues. More zip ties to hold the hose in a round shape helped it get to its new home.

A80DFBB0-6EE7-4FD5-9590-CB406E65A472_zps

6BEE1A04-C71C-40DE-87EC-A50C929789E7_zps

86AB30C4-5177-4E80-BE24-0AECEAA2054B_zps

39C63227-C17D-45D2-8394-9CDFFDC9E1CD_zps

• Like 4

I snapped these pics at a rest stop on the way back to Everett. My buddy Mark just picked up this car in Vancouver today. It was an interesting ride home as the battery fell against the fuel pump and pinched the fuel line starving the engine on I-5. We made a harness out of zip ties to hold it long enough to get home. We realized the rubber. fuel hose was damaged internally at the kink after persistent fuel starving issues. More zip ties to hold the hose in a round shape helped it get to its new home. A80DFBB0-6EE7-4FD5-9590-CB406E65A472_zps6BEE1A04-C71C-40DE-87EC-A50C929789E7_zps86AB30C4-5177-4E80-BE24-0AECEAA2054B_zps39C63227-C17D-45D2-8394-9CDFFDC9E1CD_zps

what rims?

^^^^^^^I like how these wheels look on the car.

They were reported by the seller as a 15X8 knock off Volks wheel.  Offset stated as +15, but not yet confirmed.  We will be looking into it since I have seen a lot of interest (including me) on fitting wider wheels under the fender.  The lips have been rolled, but do not look pulled.  These do not rub at a pretty low ride height.

I snapped these pics at a rest stop on the way back to Everett. My buddy Mark just picked up this car in Vancouver today. It was an interesting ride home as the battery fell against the fuel pump and pinched the fuel line starving the engine on I-5. We made a harness out of zip ties to hold it long enough to get home. We realized the rubber. fuel hose was damaged internally at the kink after persistent fuel starving issues. More zip ties to hold the hose in a round shape helped it get to its new home.

All worthwhile datsun purchases start with a good story!

• Like 1

Headed south on Monte Vista ave in Upland, Calif. approx 345-4pm.........clean 2dr, might be an automatic......sounds like a nice stock L motor..... blonde chick at the wheel. Kinda bummed, I was cruisin in my orange '74 620 and she never even waved....not even one finger..LOL. Anyways, anyone recognize??

1105141547_zps96682392.jpg

1105141548_zpsb1d5eaec.jpg

• Like 1

My wife. But I think she's the only one.   :rofl:

It only has two redeeming features. Seeing a Datsun as the "hero car" on a primetime TV show, and...

katharine-mcphee-10.jpg

she's a hot tie for sure, I used yo watch a show she was on when I was a kid. She's in the new movie let's be cops which turned out to be funnier than I expected.

This just showed up at the shop....from Washington.......for me to put back on the road for a dude in SoCal...

I know this car......who's was it and what happened??

I haven't even opened the hood yet.....

IMG_9169_zpsdcf4904a.jpg

IMG_9171_zpsda8de308.jpg

• Like 3

OK so I bought this car with the intentions of getting it back on the road. I sold it to hooligan after I did absolutely nothing to it. He could not get it running to save his life and I don't know why.

I bought it from a guy who got it from the original owner, little old lady that bought in new in wyoming in 73 and brought it to Washington in 85. Car died in I want to say 87 or maybe 92 and just sat until I got it. Has an L18 and a 4 speed.

• Like 5

.....so it hasn't run since about 92??

It was something like that. The guy I bought it from pulled the valve cover off and oiled the cam and timing chain, then he used a brake evacuator on the fuel system, then he found out the starter was bad. Thats when I bought it. Hooligan put on a new carb and an ei dizzy and did a bunch of other stuff and could never get it to run.

• Like 1