Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stopped at a place called 'Four Corners' or Skylonda or Alice's Restaurant... depending on how old you are. It's at the intersection of two great roads through the Santa Cruz Mountains in San Mateo County, California. It is sort of a meeting place for motorcyclists and car guys to stop and bench race. In the summer there can be a couple hundred bikes parked in a row. It is still early in the year, early in the day and there were only a couple of the most hard core riders out. I got out and started to go into the store when I spotted this:

NissanGTR.jpg

I go over to look at it and I hear someone say, hey look at this old Datsun! It's guy in leathers talking to the guy who owns the GT. I say to the guy... Hey man I want your engine to put in my truck!! He looks at me with a blank stare and the guy in leathers says, man you would have to cut the firewall! I go, so? He laughs and says he has a 510. I go, you on Ratsun? Yeah, I'm MotoLiam.

FigbuckLiam.jpg

Great to meet you Liam. Had good time. Hey, get it together to come to Canby this year.

• Like 2

A green 510 in Seattle 2/25 leaving the 1st/509 bridge heading east into the Georgetown area, I had a couple beers and can't remember the name of the road that the northbound side of the ramp empties onto for some damn reason, is it Michigan ?

The thing looked pretty cool had the famous rising sun hood paint job also. I'm pretty sure the owner is a member here.

good times.

• Like 1

A green 510 in Seattle 2/25 leaving the 1st/509 bridge heading east into the Georgetown area, I had a couple beers and can't remember the name of the road that the northbound side of the ramp empties onto for some damn reason, is it Michigan ?

The thing looked pretty cool had the famous rising sun hood paint job also. I'm pretty sure the owner is a member here.

good times.

Yup it`s Michigan..

Anyway....Kind of a sighting...My son Donovan was apparently shopping for a bagged fullsize truck (confused1.gif) on craigslist and seen a orange wagon in the background..Not technically what this thread is about but in a way it kinda is..

5Ke5F45Hf3K63N83ofc2q3d7557bca54b154d.jpg

http://seattle.craig...2872147754.html

I saw this tonight in front of the Pho place on Stockton Blvd after leaving Harbor Freight (Sacramento). Sorry for the super crappy cell phone pic. Reasonably decent 1972 (?) 1200 fastback, dark blue with a "Play Dead" bumper sticker.

afff6260.jpg

Ran into a guy named Curt at O'Reily's today, he has this 83 Z and also a 78 Z, seemed to be a pretty cool guy, I told him about the forum he said he had heard of it but never got around to joining, I think I got him fired up about joining, he also wants to go to canby one day and is interested in southeast datto meets.

I WILL make southeast meets happen, and I WILL convoy out to Canby one summer with a bunch of southeastern datto heads!

IMG_0515691.jpg

IMG_0514692.jpg

Saw this guy pulling into my apartment building and had to track him down... Just picked it up a few days ago and is his first Datto. Great looking car in person. I gave him all the site info and he said he would check it out.

6801196382_30c2a4b27a_b.jpg