Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First person to spot me wins ONE FREE INTERNET. Good luck. I'll be found anywhere between Alabama and Oregon in the next week. :poke:

426921_4415057974825_512319214_n.jpg

SPOTTED :P

Eugene oregon 7/20/12 just before 7pm - you drove right past a 710 wagon with a rising sun hatch and didnt even stop :rofl:

• Like 3

Saw this clean 620 near Eastaboga, AL this week. Auto with less than 90 k. It has been sitting for years and was the former parts chaser for a huge lot of air cooled VW's in a salvage yard.july1912777.jpgjuly1912753.jpg

Then some of the over 400 VW's on hand, the owner is over 80 and does not have the ability to repair or internet skills to advertize them. I think they will eventually rot away and be salvaged when the old guy gives it up.

july1912776.jpgjuly1912750.jpgjuly1912749.jpg

SPOTTED :P

Eugene oregon 7/20/12 just before 7pm - you drove right past a 710 wagon with a rising sun hatch and didnt even stop :rofl:

Ah, damn. I was trying to figure out how to get back to my brother's house. hah New cities always get me confused. Anyways, as promised:

1_free_internet1.jpg

• Like 1

Kami I seen you a bunch of times on the Ross Island Bridge. If anybody gets a oic of me playing my horn I buy you a 40 of PBR.

Seen Yello620 too a couple times last week going east bound off of 5 about six o'clock or so... what you doing over there Jason?

I spotted so many Datsuns and Ratsunistas this week it was crazy. At least a dozen or more. I saw this thing parked and was flat blown away. I have no idea what the actual year is. It must be the last version and an '80s model... I guess? Skool me here guys.

Datsun511a.jpg

Datsun511b.jpg

Datsun511c.jpg

Datsun511d.jpg

I saw this thing parked and was flat blown away. I have no idea what the actual year is. It must be the last version and an '80s model... I guess? Skool me here guys.

Round headlights and chrome tail light trims usually means '78-79 model, '78 is the first year for this body style (HL-A10 chassis, aka HL510).

The later version of this body style had all plastic tail lights (no chrome) and square headlights.

'80-81 style:

510ut0.jpg

80-510.jpg

• Like 1

As I was driving through Astoria on Wednesday, I spotted a Z-car at the Highway 76 in east Astoria. It looked like it was being painted, new silver paint and missing bumpers. Then I remembered that my car sat in the same spot back in 1987 or so, when it was being painted silver. Coincidence?

• Like 1

i keep seeing the same white four door 510 here on Travis AFB in fairfield.... i think its a reservist, cause a lil while back they were staying at the comfort inn in town as well on a UTA weekend... :geek: (hella creepy, that i know this eehh. lol)