Thrillen Dillon's Dime

Will it be at Canby?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be at Canby?

• No way in hell!
    • On a trailer
    • If you quite your day jobs
    • You guys are crazy but it will happen

I keep meaning to post the pic of the heater box mods, here it is! Basically we changed the valve so it faced the passenger side, it took some doing with a dremal but well worth it, Keeping it close to factory. O and its a new valve :D

IMG_0543.JPG

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out Mike!!! It took 4 hours and my wholes were slightly off on the fuel rail side :( So we drilled the fuel rail out and used nuts... We have a pile of SR fuel rails so no biggy.

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

A few more things on the list :D

Check this out Mike!!! It took 4 hours and my wholes were slightly off on the fuel rail side :( So we drilled the fuel rail out and used nuts... We have a pile of SR fuel rails so no biggy.

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

A few more things on the list :D

here is your heat shield http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=854993

Ice, Ice, Baby!!!! Sweet!! You're right! I love it! :)

I like the heat shield too.

I have no clue what you had to put that part on the fuel rail......didn't it already have some kind of regulater on it?

He was reclocking it 90 degrees so the barbs faced the right direction...I'm assuming.

Did a few more items on the car, everyone needs a DVD player in the car haha I also got all the exterior lights wired up. New fuse pannel!!! I'll get some pics when its done, right now its still kind of a mess.

newer%20024.JPG

newer%20023.JPG

Franks taking a nap in the trunk :D haha

• 3 weeks later...

Got her fired up the other day, engine sounds good, needs exhaust though :D Got all the gauges and lights working well I haven't tried to get the BB tail lights to work... Slowly it comes together. 15x7's are hella wide but with some fender rolling action it should turn :D 205 55 15's doesn't help :D here is a pic, we rolled her outside to do some body work.

IMG_0691.JPG

An inch eh? What is the limiting factor?

But the real problem is that at this ride height the rear suspension geometry gets really bad, and if you anen't running super stiff springs, the toe change can be pretty dramatic.

love your style icehouse...this thing is looking so damn hot, sick ride height

any specs on the wheels?

Its more Dillon's style, like color and all that, I'm sure I have some influence on the look but its a small percentage :D I just try to get all my ideas out, which I have way to many of :D

An inch eh? What is the limiting factor?

But the real problem is that at this ride height the rear suspension geometry gets really bad, and if you anen't running super stiff springs, the toe change can be pretty dramatic.

yeah 510 rear suspension sucks! the problem is the A arm hits the body, the less negative camber the worse it hits too!! The toe change is the real bummer, it just makes a car so scary at high speeds. Really bad negative camber just sucks for light to light races :D

...time to make some "Z'd" rear lower control arms jeff! :)

If only it were that easy Mike, there is just no room under there :( Even if I could build a custom arm something would have to give to leave room for the axle... I just don't think there is an easy way to get any lower, well besides running smaller rims and tires :D I think it would be fun to chop out all that old crapy stuff and install some modern suspension. Like say 3rd gen RX7 :D :D

2eDeYe;95910'']That car looks ready to eat small children :D

Frank has plenty of them :D

Damn i wish i had a car that sweet at Dillions age.. i am deffinetly jealous, hell i would drive it just like that..

That kid has earned it!!! I never worked on cars that much at his age, I did work on a lot of dirt bikes but it wasn't an every day event. That kid knows so much about dimes, shit cars in general. He's lucky to have the opportunity to learn so much, I'm sure it seems different in his eye's though :D And to have a dad who is into custom stuff, my dad was 100% factory which to me is very boring. Not that he ever worked on anything I was into. I get no enjoyment out of replacing factory parts with factory parts, its to easy, I want to exercise my brain, not just be a machine.

That kid has earned it!!! I never worked on cars that much at his age, I did work on a lot of dirt bikes but it wasn't an every day event. That kid knows so much about dimes, shit cars in general. He's lucky to have the opportunity to learn so much, I'm sure it seems different in his eye's though :D And to have a dad who is into custom stuff, my dad was 100% factory which to me is very boring. Not that he ever worked on anything I was into. I get no enjoyment out of replacing factory parts with factory parts, its to easy, I want to exercise my brain, not just be a machine.

Fully agree on the stock lucky for me my dad and grandfather were into custom. my dad has had the same race car since i was 5 so that's 21yrs. and it has gone through many different changes over the years. My grandfather is in the street rod hall of fame. my only issue is i got a family so my dreams are severly hindered by my budget..:D