• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got the sr last night thanks to icehouse

:D

Anything for my buddy Thrillen Dillon! haha

Now we just have to get to work! The parts pile is coming together thats for sure, we got the front suspension we need, the engine/suspension just has to be test fitted now. Its funny the more dimes you build the smother it goes, I have so many ideas to save time. Hopefully everything goes really smooth.

The mini-tub really opens things up to run some low offset wide wheels without having to run a huge amount of camber. I did that on my car a few years ago so that I could run rewinds without having to run super demon camber.

The build looks awesome, can't wait to see it done.

looks like you got a lot of work ahead of ya. hope to see it up at canby. itll be my 1st year at canby and the more 510s the better. ours is actually torn more apart than yours and hopefully we'll have it up there but probably not under its own power. our motor is stuck in customs right now.

Definitely keep up on the "tub" pics!!

Any pics of up, under the fender lip? I'm guessing that's where you separated the inner and outer fenders.

Yeah we cut it really close to the outer lip so there isn't so much metal to role. I stole the idea from Duke :D The worst part is everything is above your head so all the dirt, sparks and metal shavings get really annoying! :D

The mini-tub really opens things up to run some low offset wide wheels without having to run a huge amount of camber. I did that on my car a few years ago so that I could run rewinds without having to run super demon camber.

The build looks awesome, can't wait to see it done.

haha Yep I stole the idea from your project thread on the realm :D

Oh, and please tell me that is the planned ride height...

Dude I wish! The biggest problem with that ride heigh is to make it look right the front has to be lower. Not bad but even if I build the rack and pinion crossmember as close to the frame rails as I can I don't think we can get it that low and still have suspension travel before the crossmember hits the ground. Someday I want to build a 510 that is that low though :D I'm definatly going to do my best to keep the front crossmember as high as I can! Must be lower than Dukes car :D

Yeah, I have always thought that the tire gap (or rim gap, cause if you ain't tuckin you ain't tryin') shoule be as close to equal as possible. Because of the arch of the front and rear fenders on a 510 it gives the car a bit of rake when you do this. But I hate it when the rear looks way lower than the front, just looks goofy to me.

About the suspension travel...yeah, I have that problem as well, the front of my car see's the bumpstops more than most. I'm going to be shortening the struts this summer for some rabbit inserts (shortest out there) for some more travel. That with 300lb springs and I think I will be good.

Its gotta be low!

Someone's throwing down some coin for parts

ive been saving since before i even had my 510, bought some, got some parts from my dad, and got some parts from jeff haha.

so tonight we got the mini tub finished and seam sealed, the rockers grinded and found some rust, the front valance stripped down.

i would post pics but im a little tired, i will post pics in the morning :D

You lazy bastard post some pics!!!

I was trying to convince Frank we should raise the frame rails in the engine bay, he wanted to but says we already have to much work to do for the amount of time left. It sure would be nice to raise the engine and crossmember so the car can go even lower!!! I guess tubs and an exhaust tunnel are going to have to be enough :( Custom work is the best, I love cutting and welder :D

Ice, what is this idea that you have about "raising the frame rails"...I'm interested. Kinda like a channel job (body drop for you little truck guys)? Man, a little channel would be awesome for having it low and keeping suspension trave.

i think he means Zing the front of the frame.. i think:D. it is basically cutting off the front clip and moving it up or down accordingly then welding it back up.. thats what i have gathered from hearing him talk about. but i could be way off and completely wrong as well:fu: