• On a trailer
    • If you quite your day jobs
    • You guys are crazy but it will happen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few ideas about how it could be done. All of them would require a good deal of fab work...but I know it could be done.

Yeah it would be a great deal of fab work but in the end it would be well worth it. Frank said we should do it to mine when we get back from Canby, I told him if I cut the front end up dual A arms are going on :) I think raising the frame rails would be awesome but in the end the car will still have pogo stick suspension haha. It would be nice to raise it high enough to get rid of bump steer and have some ground clearance. If it was all done I think the valve cover would be above the hood :)

Today we are going to work on the exhaust tunnel, hopefully get at least the back half done :) I want to get the rack figured out again to! We gotta hurry if we want to get it drivable by Canby.

I've seen unibody cars (racecars mainly) that they cut the whole floor pan out and moved it up in the body. I would agree with you in that if I were going to go to all this work I would go to double A arms.

In my opnion, I would do the rear suspension first. I really liked the miata rear suspension swap that 510wizard/Monty was doing. I could see it being pretty easy (relatively) to make it so that would bolt up to the stock x-member and moustach bar mounting points.

I like the rx7, aluminum A arms are the shit! From what I've seen I think the rear crossmember can be rebuilt narrower without changing the geomotry. I haven't seen to many pics of the front suspension, I'm sure it can be made to fit :) I agree though the rear of mine will be redone way before the front, semi trailing arms suck ass!

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday was a long day, wolfman and I sanded so my dad could get some paint sprayed, our goal was to get the jams and around the windows and inside so we could put the headliner and windows in and just start reasembling everything inside, i was going to post lastnight but i was to tired haha

hope you like the pics, i think it turned out good :D

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

time for the clear coat!

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

That color looks awesome, like the shiny version of my car:

Yeah....our long gone 510 wagon was that color... only extremely faded from the Hawaiian sun. :cool:

Yup, Canby is gonna rock! But you knew that already, didn't ya? :D

That would make a cool BRE scheme of sorts. Looks really nice.

Tiltnose...do you or did you have a JDM shop in Monroe at one time ? I think I seen your car in there about a year and half ago. Is it a 510 shell over a highly modifed and one off tube frame with a NA SR that has been turbo charged.

Cool race car by the way regardless.