• If you quite your day jobs
    • You guys are crazy but it will happen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
The green is for the money, and the gold it for the honey's...

Great job on the car. I really like the color...I better see it at next years Canby...right?

Dude if its not at this Canby I'm going to be pissed :D

Holy crap! That 510 work is amazing all around! The painting work is great - and seeing all those clean new brake lines and shiney little fasteners really does it for me.

I'm "not right" -as they say around here. Is the term "auto-erotic" applicable?

You should see it in person...the term is understatement :cool:

Guys, I think we need to see some more pictures of the front crossmember and r&p setup...come on, give it up.

It's a heavily modified s12 crossmember, I raised it, moved it 1.5" back and rebuilt the motor mounts. My buddy Paul (welder in the weld shop) said I should redesign it in Solid works, then build a new one from scratch. I told him I liked the idea but the S12 rack isn't the ideal length, its a little on the wide side. If I was going to go to all the trouble to build one from scratch I would like to find all the optimal pivot points. Since that would require more R and D I decided for this car it would be fine to mod the s12 unit. I have a similar setup in my SR dime (which I'm going to rebuild) All I can say is getting ride of the steering box is a must! A dime feels 110% different without it. Like an S chassis car :D Except cooler looking hehe We will get some pics up for you Duke. I think I have 16-18 hrs in that crossmember. It's amazing how long some stuff takes.

If you get me some measurements off the one in the car, I can model it up for ya. Then it's just a matter of tweaking the model to your ideal #'s...R & D on the screen :D

Speaking of #s, did you take a look at my rear supension design and #'s in my trucks thread?...I know you've read a couple books too. I could use a couple somewhat informed opinions :fu: