I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how is this thread still alive?

The thread is alive cause most of us like reading Marks stuff. You should too. You might learn something. Don't just look at the pictures.

i always love reading your threads man! congrats on the award. would you consider sharing your paint polishing techniques? i tried to bring the orange out of my car this weekend and i wasn't to succesful. you seem to know how to make the datsun paint shine! loks like a fresh paint job!

No problem. I used 3-M rubbing compound, glaze & Meguiars wax in that order. Ill mention that i applied all by hand then used a high speed "orbital" buffer to remove. Do it in small sections & make sure your in the shade. This is something ill have to re-do soon seeing as she sits in the CA. sun all day:D If your paint is faded you can wet sand 1st using 1500 grit paper then use the same products in the same order & get good results but...be carefull not to sand through the original paint.

Heres an example of my 521 fender, it had been spray painted over & i wet sanded that off then buffed...

wet sanded...

1-18fendersanded.jpg

buffed, & you can see the 3-M stuff i used. U can buy it at any paint supply store...

1-18fenderbuffed.jpg

Looking good. Glad that you got a award. A little recogintion for all your work. The other wagon looks really nice to. From what I could see in the pic. Good to see 2 wagons rolling around

Mark did a lot of work in a short time. I was glad to see him win. I'll get ya next time Mark. I'll be picking up a really clean shell soon. So look out. I'm hoping to have it ready for JCCS.

Allright CL to the rescue! I just bought these 14x6 Z rims today. In good shape w/ no curb rash. They will be polished & painted before they go on the car, i gotta add some details..:D Can i use the stock lugs or will i need the acorn or conical seat style?

5-24Zrims.jpg

5-24Zrimsback.jpg

posing...:cool:

5-24Zrimsbywagon.jpg

Those are gonna look sw:Dt! I really like the way it looks now with the stockers. I dont know for sure about those Z-rims but the ones I have I had to special order the shoulder lug nuts thru Nissan (about $7 a piece:eek:)

Those mite be dif tho. I'm running 195/60's on my 2 door and it looks good.

pathys005.jpg[/img]

When my back feels better ill be out there polishing away.

Hey how is your back?

Man that sucked to see you walkin with such a limp. Brings back some shitty memories, Been there, done that. Hope it's getting better.

Yea and the wheels will look great on the G G

Datdoug: i love your rims, they appear to have the same style hole where the lug goes. Ill be hitting up some yards soon in search of the right lugs.

Jamie: hell yeah it's the year of the wagon :D

Zhent: do you have a close up pic of the lugs i need? And yeah...your rims rock :D

John: thanks man, i feel a bit better. I was on crutches for a few days & now im back to work.

Well today i was able to wet sand all 4 rims & get 1 polished & partially painted. I did the worse of all 4 1st. The center caps i had to steel wool to clean. I used paint remover & a wire wheel on the backs [not done]

5-25zrimbackcleaned.jpg

5-25zrimpolished2.jpg

the suplies i used...

5-25polishsupplies.jpg

& some color...im not done painting though :cool:

5-25zrimpainted.jpg

Mark....since you don't have tires on, you can cut the valve stems off to get them out of your way.....then take one to any napa or car parts store and you can buy news ones pretty cheap.

The rims look great!!!

...actually...just leave them out and have the tire store put new ones in when you have the tires mounted :)