I scored a 510 wagon !!!

Id really like to get a roof rack at some point,did Datsun make a factory one?

i thought i was the only goon squad fan of racks :fu: theyre almost as debatable as hooks :lol:

wagons kick ass!!! especially green :w00t:

i sold a wagon ~ 2years ago w/a missing rack...finally found one right after i sold it (new owner didnt want it) and hung on to it for a long time before i finally sold it (last month :( )

not a factory option (addco???) and there are at least 3 different styles ive seen.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...'a good friend' what man I get no credit for finding it, test driving it, and paying for it for you? Now I'm not picking you up from the airport! LOL...j/k.

Are you glad I had my trusty camera when I went over to look at it?

LOL...under $1000 man just tell them how much and make them all jealous...it's not like you're gonna resell it.

What I thought was funny was how you posted you bought it when the deal isn't complete quite yet...that would be funny if for some reason it would have fallen through then you'd have to explain why. Tony (the wagon owner) seems like a cool guy, he's down to earth like the rest of his family (remember I talked to his dad when I stopped by there when I initially found all his Datsuns while driving by to look at a Honda CRX I wanted to buy just up on the same street back in early December of last year..hell you even got your first look at the wagon on your thread http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1554&page=8).

It was a good thing I stopped by then and took those pictures, including your future wagon so we had something to reference to the pictureless craigslist ad for this wagon huh?

What was good about it was that I looked at it before those other guys he had coming later that day, that plus when I showed him I had the full amount of his asking price (I won't say how much since you haven't) on me he knew we were serious about it.

And what worked out perfect for all of this was that my fiancee and I had an appointment with a wedding photographer that morning in Santa Cruz and she knew I wanted to go look at this for you (and didn't mind at all so that made it easy) so it allowed me time for me and my dad to go look at it. Dad tagged along since we thought I'd be driving it home that day, he even thought it was nice since he remembers me buying my first 510 when I was 15 years old not far from where this wagon was. It all appears to be working out...I won't say perfect until you're driving behind me on the way back to my place.

Did you pick the 68 510 also? :D

Well, it looks like a 68 510 just in front of that wagon.

Is he selling that too?

I asked him about that 510 while I was there looking at the wagon for my buddy Mark here, but he's not selling it. It's not his, it's his brothers 510. Apperantly Datsuns run in their family blood...gotta love that!

Well seeing as it's in good shape makes me not want to modify this car that much. I like the original look alot. The car even has the stock hub caps but i may still pick up a set of 13 inch rims i have a lead on. Id really like to get a roof rack at some point,did Datsun make a factory one?

yes datsun made a factory roof rack hear is a picture of one

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/1datrod/mikeswagon001.jpg

Mario none of this would'nt have been possible without all your help & kindness ! Ill always be gratefull BTW. It's almost like it was meant to be & cant wait to get up there & hang w/ you & then make the journey home. And at that time ill reveal what i / we paid for it ;) Thanks for the pic John...ill be looking for one. may have to hit up the LA Dat swaps & maybe Pomona late ron.

Great find Mark...Ray has one also and He did the automatic to 4 speed swap a few years ago(I remember it being not that big a deal.....Our first Datsun(Linda and I) was a 72 wagon (Butterscotch color) I bought for her in December of 1971...(still have the original bill of sale on that one (It was wrecked about 15 yrs ago..totaled...Ray was drivin it then)...Oh and it too had the Roof rack when I bought it...Looked just like the red one in datrods post....Sweet dude...congrats

ill be looking for one.

the wagon i mentioned in the santa paula JY has a rack!!! (your travel post)

i knew someone was looking but had no #s :mad:

i wont be able to get back there for over a week but its in fair condition 6.5/10

Well it sure was a LONG day yesterday but in the end it was a well worth trip. Right about now I suspect PCD (Mark) is halfway home. It was fun picking through the yards with you and cool to have met you. Meeting up with Hector, Clayton (69FJWAGON), and Brandon (FINELINE) was great too.

I'm sure you'll be posting on here in a few short days after you have time to catch up after a long grueling drive down I-5. Talk to you later and I'll send you links to the pics I took or just post them on here later.

Mark it was nice to meet you and hang out even if it was for just a couple of hours. hope everything worked out with that long drive home, see you at Canby... hopefully

Clayton

Yeah it was after 11pm and he left my place in around 11am, so I was beginning to get worried. I hadn't heard from him so I text messaged him and he said he was close by...so I'm really glad to hear that the little wagon made it all the way down. I'll wait to hear from Mark to see if it made it trouble free or what, hopefully it did.

I'm sure he's super tired so he probably won't be posting on here for a bit...:P

Oh yeah she made it home & ran great all the way. The 15 south was closed which delayed me for several hours but it was kool, i went to Guys house :D Mario TY for everything my amigo !!! I washed her today & took a few "before pics".....

original hub caps, chrome is good & only missing 1 emblem...

4-10sideshot.jpg

interior w/ no rips except the front seats...I bought the flag on the way home from a roadside stand :D

4-10wagonhatch.jpg

back seat is good...

4-10rearseat.jpg

dash is good but carpet needs replacing soon...

4-10frontseats.jpg

original radio that works !

4-10ogradio.jpg

tha car is in such good original condition im considering leaving it as is & just drive it :cool:

Funny...I scored IN a 510 wagon! ;)

Seriously though, that thing is sweet! The color is awesome. I'd totally just drive it as-is. I'm so tired of not being able to drive my 510, I wish I had done things the complete opposite instead of tearing down for a complete overhaul.

tha car is in such good original condition im considering leaving it as is & just drive it :cool:

I like that idea. That wgn has a lot of class just as it is!!! You can mod the 620 all you want. Besides...the 510 can always get modified later :)

I like that idea. That wgn has a lot of class just as it is!!! You can mod the 620 all you want. Besides...the 510 can always get modified later :)

If anything i may lower it a few inches [2] & call it good. Id like to replace the carpet & get the 1 bad seat recovered soon. It also needs a starter, i tried to put one off of Marios 521 & the solenoid was touching the block & the holes were off a little. So i guess the auto 510's used a diff. starter :rolleyes: