I scored a 510 wagon !!!

Spent all day on the engine bay today. Removed, wire brushed & clear coated the regulator & a few relays. Simple green'd the strut towers & some of the firewall then waxed those areas. Also started polishing the valve cover, i may paint it later...

4-22engbayrelays.jpg

4-22engbayDS.jpg

4-22polishedvalvecover.jpg

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent all day on the engine bay today. Removed, wire brushed & clear coated the regulator & a few relays. Simple green'd the strut towers & some of the firewall then waxed those areas. Also started polishing the valve cover, i may paint it later...

4-22engbayrelays.jpg

4-22engbayDS.jpg

4-22polishedvalvecover.jpg

Avoid simple green on the ID Foil on the radiator support, it will remove the print. I know cause it removed mine. :mad:

Ahhhh, stock wagon carburator. Try if the electric choke works. Press the gas pedal all the way down twice till it hits the switch before starting it.

It's a cool feature without having to rev the engine manually till it's warmed up. I didn't know this for the longest time on my stock 510 before I switched to weber w electric choke, it doesn't work well as my stock carb did on warm up.

Hey Mark,

What wire brushes are you using? The engine bay looks sick!

I bought a few of the soft bristle brusjes from Harbor freight. Im using Simple gren thats diluted 50/50.The trick is to wax the areas after getting them clean. & thanks :D

Mike [sD surf] i did the engine bay by hand but used a drill/wire wheel on the stuff ive painted. Got busy again today & installed my old/new school stereo system. New head unit, super old pre-amp & a used/free 400 watt amp., & 2 12 inch Kicker subs in a box in the back.The amp will be relocated soon,just there for now....

4-30stereo.jpg

I made these boxes for my Fosgate 5 1/4's...

4-30speakerboxps.jpg

4-30speakerboxds.jpg

Its a total low budget system but it makes my mirror shake & the hatch emblems vibrate...:thumbsup:

Hey pacific coast datsun nice wagon. I actually posted on the sightings thread after I saw it in santa cruz. I went for some ice cream and saw two 510s. I think I scared the kid on the front porch cause my buddies and I where all over those cars.

IMG_0260-1.jpg

ssfwgn...yeah thats where Saul lives & i was there !!! The 68 is way clean & original too! The hub caps were taken off because somebody had removed/borrowed the hatch emblem & he didnt want the caps to walk away too. Ron, yeah ill most likely bring the wagon up not that its show ready but it's a Datsun / SWDP meet & i gotta be there :cool:

More baby steps today. Stripped & painted the air cleaner / bracket, stripped the black off the radiator & got 2/3 of the front carpet installed. 4-29aircleaner.jpg

What brand spray paint did you use?

Looks like it's perfect match on the air cleaner.

ssfwgn...yeah thats where Saul lives & i was there !!! The 68 is way clean & original too! The hub caps were taken off because somebody had removed/borrowed the hatch emblem & he didnt want the caps to walk away too. Ron, yeah ill most likely bring the wagon up not that its show ready but it's a Datsun / SWDP meet & i gotta be there :cool:

Mark you gotta bring the GREEN GOON,:cool: I'll try to get my GOON back on the road by then.

Oh yeah back to the 70's...John looks it'll be in ok shape for the 18th. I starte don the underneath today. Wanted it to at least look clean for the road. I used Simple green, a wire brush & rinsed it all with water. Ill eventually do the axle & the brake drums when i have more time....

before..rusty & dirty...

5-2rearbefore.jpg

leafs primed & painted...

5-2rearprimed.jpg

wheel wells w/ 2 coats of green...

5-2rearDSpainted.jpg

yes thats original paint on the gas tank,i cleaned & waxed it...:cool:

5-2rearpainted.jpg

Mark. You gotta cut off the end of the tail pipe. Not baggin on your shit. You have way more energy than I do. The car really looks good. But that thing looks pinched under there.:eek:

have the leaf springs been redone? looks like it has an extra leaf on top.

looks like you took my advise on the lowering the rear of the wagon. soo...how did it turn out???