I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, wish you were going to canby with us :( but I havent forgot about you I will be sending stuff to you when I get back. by the way the goon looks AWESOME! keep up the great work

Clayton

Love the rims, I even like the green w/ the polished. Do you have some kind of a locking lug on them? I know locking lugs won't stop theft, but at least make it as dificult as you can. I would hate to hear anything happened to that wagoon. The wagon is truely 1 of a kind.

I missed out on a chance to buy another green 1 like yours, called the guy, got his addy, ran down w/ cash. As I was pulling up another guy was driving my wagon away. :( That's okay, next decent condition 1 I find will be mine :fu:

Clayton, no rush at all. Not looking forward to removing the strut again:cool:

JM, thanks & ya i have locking lugs on em. The only way to stop em is to put it in the garage.

John, yes i do,,LOL i had my helper w/ me that day so we got it done fast:D

How much did this lower the back? Was it worth the effort? Any axle wrap with this mod? I've always hated blocks... I had axle wrap on my waggy with 1" blocks, I added an angled shim and it didn't help much.

I did take Clayton's advice & removed the bottom leaf, flipped it upside down & reinstalled it on top. It rides similar to stock but a little stiffer. Later on ill add some blocks & bring it down more. John, i know the pipe is buggin me. I need to let my muffler guy re work it for me soon.

Zuum, this method only dropped the back 1 1/4 inches. Every now & then the axle "may" be wrapping a bit cause the driveshaft will"tap" the floor & make a noise when the trans. shifts. From what ive read & you guys have said here anything more than a 2 inch drop will be too much & the trans. tunnel will have to be raised.

That sound you hear is the driveshaft hitting the tunnel... :D over big bumps and hard acceleration from a stop I assume, you can actually raise the tunnel about an inch, and notch the bottom steel part of the seat and with the seat down you'd never know it was modified... or you can add a helper spring to keep it from squating so much.

I used 1500 grit & used very soapy water. Any pix of your waqon Jefe?

I'll get some up hopefully today. It's not as near as clean as yours but it's a goon none the less......

I was going to yank the engine/tranny for my 320 and then cut her up but I feel bad doing so considering she's pretty much all there. I'll get some pics up soon. Thanks for the rim sanding info......

Ok after a few trips to the yard i picked up a 720 steering wheel adapter that bolts to my Nardi wheel that i refinished recently :thumbsup: Its 1 size smaller than the stock wheel & sits just as close to me as the stock one. Another kool part is that it has the signal cancel bars on the back :D

6-25wwheelinwagon.jpg

I had to make a cover because the horn button is missing/havent found one yet. Maybe i can find a Datsun decal the same size :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering how much longer you will be able to hold back :D I know you and your rigs, they are always dumped to the ground. It must be painful to keep it that way.

I'm just wondering how much longer you will be able to hold back :D I know you and your rigs, they are always dumped to the ground. It must be painful to keep it that way.

Honestly maybe im gettin old but i like the stance it has now. Id like to go 1 more inch all around but for now im happy. It rides smooth & handles better than i imagined it would.

Honestly maybe im gettin old but i like the stance it has now. Id like to go 1 more inch all around but for now im happy. It rides smooth & handles better than i imagined it would.

Yeah I know what you mean about the getting old thing.... Its like fighting a battle sometimes, my brain, "can't give in and drive a car at stock height." haha :D My back tells me the opposite though :D

• 4 weeks later...