I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Charile TY my friend. If your snowflake rims have smooth flat surfaces yes they will shine up. I wet sanded mine w/ 600 grit then started polishing. If they have pourus surfaces id leave those areas painted to accent the polished parts.

• 4 weeks later...

i sadly didnt get the chance to go along for the ride through this awesome transformation, though i looked at this thread when you first got it. But, i must say goons are the way to go. you get the looks, even if the car isnt that nice looking lol. im trading mine off but ill get another eventually

picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=502

Is that off a bike?

You are correct sir...:cool: And heres the 2 13x5 Libres im cleanin up. Took 4 coats of paint stripper & a wire wheel..damm! I need to find 2 more of the same size rim soon...

12-24libressidebyside.jpg

Edited by Pacific coast Datsun

DAMN IT Mark I have wanted to do an exhaust using motorcycle mufflers for a while and had a buddy of mine at work give me a couple off his RC51 (only have one at the moment he cant find the other) here is what I was gunna do being they are 2 1/2" inlet I was gunna run a Y pipe to connect the 2 and weld a strap to link them together should sound sweet when Im done

Clayton

ohh by the way I have ridden a few crotch rocket that have used D&D mufflers and HOLY SHIT they were LOUD almost annoyingly LOAD so if you plan on running only one on the wagon you may want to buy a few sets of ear plugs :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey glad you got them so quick amigo. Hope you like the design..I didn't actually do it but I told the wife how to make it and what to put on it. :) I didn't want to bring it up and ruin the surprise....well SURPRISE. Hahaha.

Sooo now that your all professional.... on your way to Canby this year stop off at my house and detail my wagon?:D? please she needs help

Clayton

Mark, after you do Clayton's good do mine too :P hahaha J/K

Clayton, let me know when you have time to swap suspensions...my goon is in serious need of dropage....when you have time of course. :)

Mark, after you do Clayton's good do mine too :P hahaha J/K

Clayton, let me know when you have time to swap suspensions...my goon is in serious need of dropage....when you have time of course. :)

as soon as possible my friend

Sooo now that your all professional.... on your way to Canby this year stop off at my house and detail my wagon?:D? please she needs help

Clayton

Guys..if by some miracle im able to attend Canby im for sure gonna make time to meet up @ marios place & get the rides shined up :cool:

Guys..if by some miracle im able to attend Canby im for sure gonna make time to meet up @ marios place & get the rides shined up :cool:

Heck if that happens I can wheel out the grill out to the parking lot and bbq up some grub and maybe have a mini meet :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok got busy on the wagon today. I installed some 2 inch blocks & removed the overload leaf that was on top of the pack [flipped]. Dropped the car an extra inch, bumpstops uncut & i have 3/4 of an inch clearence between the frame & the stops. Kinda has a bounce to it now but i can easliy trim the stops later....

2-11-092inchblock.jpg

no rubbing :D

2-11-09Rtiregap.jpg

2-11-09bklower.jpg

& just what i need, another set of rims ;)..got a good deal on em too...

2-11-09Zrims.jpg

decided to polish 1 up...before...

2-11-09Zrimbefore.jpg

wet sanded w/ 220, 320, 600 then 1500...

2-11-09Zrimsanded.jpg

polished w/ brown rouge followed by Mothers polish by hand...

2-11-09Zrimpolished.jpg

2-11-09Zrimpolished2.jpg

&.....finally painted the high beams w. the stained glass paint, 4 coats. TY Mario...

2-11-09yellowHBs.jpg

Bonvo- ill prob sell a set eventually but not sure which one. I got 1 of the early Z rims painted today..went with a color found on alot of the early Datsun valve covers...

took 1 hour to mask...

2-19-09Zrimmasked.jpg

& 2 coats of color & 1 clear coat...

2-19-09Zrimpainted.jpg

& turns out i can use the same lugs im using on the Libres :cool: