I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig it PAc! I think a black underside w/ green accents will rock. I am starting to get into pinstripping. Loving it! Some pinstriping would be rad on your pumpkin!

Yah no kidding, I'm lucky to get maybe two, three hours in on my cars but when you have to split your time between 6 cars like I've got, it's not much accomplished. Keep up the good work Mark! :D

Oh yeah...and more pics!!!

Take care of the rust under the bumper. That little spot just above your stinger bothers me. I hate rust. The black w/ green highlights look good. It is great to see you spending time under the car, I love detailed under carriages. I'd ditch the spare tire, only for shows or long drives. For around town no real use carring extra weight, cell phones and tire places on every corner. Maybe clean up the spare carrier and some new chrome chain. Might look good

Yeah dont worry the underside will be mostly black w/ some green parts mixed in. Chrome chain...i like that idea :cool: I got some seats from a friend yesterday. I plan on test fitting them today & see how they fit/look. Not sure what they came out of but they have no rips & are just dusty...

5-13newseats.jpg

marc she's looking real good, but than again i know u and vehicles, they'll always look good. we'll be i diego mid july, i expect to take a cruise with u in her..:D L8R tom:)

Tom you know we'll be cruising when you visit :cool: Got a few more things done in prep for the Murietta show this Sunday. Made a frame for my bamboo hatch cover to "hide" the goodies...

5-13cover1.jpg

5-13cover2.jpg

heres what im hiding...

5-13coverincar1.jpg

5-13coverincar2.jpg

and got the seats mounted too. The scary thing is that the front 2 holes lined up perfect w/ the factory bracket!! All i had to do is drill the holes a bit bigger...

5-13seatbolts.jpg

as much as i wanted to keep it ALL original the old seats were wasted & the springs were hurting my back...

5-13seatsin.jpg

they are very comfortable & have a lumbar support & match the interior :D

5-13seatsinps.jpg

The seats look good. Did you use over sized washers or lock washers on the bolts? Hate to hear about you and the seats going through the window. Love the bamboo cover, never would have thought of that. I also like how you outlined the cover in green, and are thoose screw covers or just painted the top of the screws green? It does tie into the theme nicely.

As for the show, you better get an award or something. Cleanest wagon out there. Not many can top your wagon.

TY JM, yeah i used washers on both sides of the seat bolts & snugged them down as tight as i could get them. On the cover i used roofing nails & then painted them green & the mat already had a green surround on it,cant take credit for that :rolleyes:

how is this thread still alive?

What are you talking about? Heh, all of PAcs threads will live forever. Even the ones on the datsuns he no longer has. And this one is totally current.

Might want to clarify what you mean?