I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would leave it all stock to, you don't want to go any lower than 2" or the DL hits the tunnel. If you go with a long box 5 speed out of a zx the DL will need to be shortened. But the wagoon's have a DL with a weird tube that expands kinda..... Just take a look under and you will see what I mean. Jessies wagoon has a 610 auto DL with a zx 5 speed and I've heard the subi Bratt DL will work with the 5 speed. That way you don't have to send 150 bucks getting one shortened. Jessies DL is kinda tight but it may be because we lowered it so far. Get the Dave Carrol crossmember for the tranny just to make life easier.

Ok paint code looks to be 921 but 1 of the #'s is wore off. Ya ill prob do a 2 inch drop & keep it simple. I dont wanna tint the windows but really need to keep the So cal sun off the interior [black viynl on skin sux:D]There appears to be coolant leaking from under the intake right behind the dist & am wondering if whats causing that. The temp goes a bit past halyway so no biggie but i can smell the coolant. Guys, how many turns on the coils do i need to cut to get a 2 inch drop? I did install my stereo & speakers for some tuneage yesterday :cool: Mor epics soon, i have a few goodies to share that were in the car.

Instead of cutting the springs, can't you get some lowering springs? I think it would handle better with lowering springs rather than cutting the stock ones. What other 'goodies' came in it? :)

awesome wagon!!!

what do you guys think of the z car 4spd vs 5spd?

I had a spare 5spd but i sold it.

I can pick up a 4spd z car tranny for $40 though. Is the 5spd really worth it if the car is just driven on occasion and the motor is going to remain stock?

not going to be a racecar until there's a built SR or KA24DET in there with appropriate tranny

Instead of cutting the springs, can't you get some lowering springs? I think it would handle better with lowering springs rather than cutting the stock ones. What other 'goodies' came in it? :)

Lowering springs would be the best way to go so ill search around to see if theyre available, if not ill trim the stock ones. I could swap in some Z car struts & install some coilovers but $$ is always tight. Ok a few things in the car are the envelope from Santa cruz Datsun w/ the factory manual & a pamphlet that may have been tossed in by the salesman. It talks about maintenance etc... & also the original jack & accsessories are mounted under the front seats still, probably have never been used :D

Lowering springs would be the best way to go so ill search around to see if theyre available, if not ill trim the stock ones. I could swap in some Z car struts & install some coilovers but $$ is always tight. Ok a few things in the car are the envelope from Santa cruz Datsun w/ the factory manual & a pamphlet that may have been tossed in by the salesman. It talks about maintenance etc... & also the original jack & accsessories are mounted under the front seats still, probably have never been used :D

Mark I will talk to Troy tomorrow and see if he has any lowering springs for the front most likely used ones but used means less $$$ :D I will let you know

Clayton

TY Clayton, used is fine w/ me & actually preferred at this point. Not trying to do a pikes peak run w/ it but id like to limit the body roll i get when going to work [ i drive a 6 mile 7% grade hill 10 times a week]:DI have paypal too so that san option [ask Mario bout that ;)]

Ok heres what was still in the glovebox! factory manual & a consumer booklet still in the Santa cruz Datsun envelope!

4-14manuals.jpg

Also the wheel chock, jack & it's parts look brand new & never used. I plan on removing whats left of the front carpet tomorrow. BTW ive been driving it to work & have been getting lots of "hey what year is that" & "kool car man" :cool:

BTW ive been driving it to work & have been getting lots of "hey what year is that" & "kool car man" :cool:

That's awesome Mark...so are you gonna let the cat out of the bag yet about what this sweet wagon cost you? Better yet clean her up and polish it up then tell 'em, make their jaws drop :P

That wagon is so bad ass. I am going to start looking for 1. I definetly would keep her og. Also for tint, they now have that clear uv stuff. Protects the dash and vinyl. Don't know what it would do for the heat though. Also hows the under carriage look? Also when you pull the carpet be sure to look every where for rust. Fix it when you find it. Would hate to see a car like that get eaten.

PL, the jack bag is there & has the lug wrench & part that goes on the end of the rod but said rod is missing but,,,i have 1 out of my 521. They look untouched after all these years.

Duke, im blessed like i said, it took help from a few people to make this happpen.

JV, where would i find the clear tint? sounds interesting. I may try & make sone blinds out of bamboo as long as they dont look too ghetto & or some decent looking seat covers. I pulled the front carpet / padding yesterday [ripped up] in the front & no rust :D the onlt rust ive seen is under the bumper in the bottom corner where the roll pan meets the quarter panel.

pc that is definatly a nice score, and the price is extra nice, leave her stock, clear uv tint can be found at all tint shops, if u do tint her use a 35% or a 20%, still protects and cuts down the heat..she looks sweeeeetttt...:D ck the title, drago wagon, japanese car, japanese dragon, greeeennnn:D

Oh yeah almost forgot, I only paid $800 for the car & only spent $70 in gas to get home, i got around 29 mpg on the freeway....more than the 521 :thumbup:

Mark, Did I tell you, YOU SUCK::lol:

That is one of the best buys I've seen in quite a while

Ok bit of an update. Im getting some lowering springs for the front from Troy ermish via Clayton [69fj] & thank you btw you guys rock! The battery died so i put some new terminals on[used battery] & connected a ground cable coming off the - of the battery [wasnt there before]. Also painted half the air cleaner,not the original shade of light blue but its close enough....

4-21engine.jpg

& i got the pass. side & hatch compounded & waxed & she shines up nice :D

4-21waxedsideshot.jpg